How do professional trading firm train their traders ?

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
i am dabbling with 1 mini lot in crude oil & 1 silver micra in live market since May 2017 although i have come online on a trading forum for the 1st time .
Result has been that i am going nowhere, i end up losing on trend days while in range days i do well but i give back all the gains back in trend days
The market is dynamic, different trading system works on the different market. You need to know the strength and weakness of a system and apply it on right condition.
Your system is working good in range bound market.

Try not to trade when the market is 'expanding'. Avoid trading after the fresh break out and fresh breakdown.

Suggestion for your range bound system...
Learn about, Darvas Box Trading Strategy from the Internet. Try to Trade inside the box. Try to find out the range bound stocks.

My add on, Trading is about learning self-mastery....To learn trading skills, you need to spend at least 7000-10000 hrs of screen time in front of the terminal.
When u start applying the knowledge from the books in real life practicing and analyze the trades, ledger, emotion-psychology, reason behind entry-exit, cutting the risk....with every day u progress as a trader. Successful trading is a journey.. a process...
There is no short cut method...It takes years...
Best Wishes...
i have started a journal on this forum for this aspect only. I will start next week i.e. 18th Sep 2017 on NSEFO & MCX. I am working on a trade plan for NSEFO. I am planning to execute trades via vertical spreads instead of long or short naked options for day trading. I am also trying to combine oversold/overbought situation in context of my timeframes trend i.e trend continuation type setups (cci oversold when price above ema 5/20) instead of plain vanilla overbought/oversold indications where i have traditionally lost money finding tops and bottom.

Last edited:
I wanted to start a similar thread.

If I want to become a serious professional trader and an ready to invest an year into it, what would be a good place to start?

NSE has some professional certification programs for various trading instruments. They are supposed to be very valuable & difficult to get. I would like to know if they are useful in getting jobs with brokerage firms or can they be useful making own trades.

Trading is a life-long learning but experience of senior traders can definitely be useful.

Please suggest professional & serious knowledge sources to approach. Particularly when there are so many instruments, tenures, sources, methods.

Thanks in advance.

cloudTrader

If I want to become a serious professional trader and an ready to invest an year into it, what would be a good place to start?

NSE has some professional certification programs for various trading instruments. They are supposed to be very valuable & difficult to get. I would like to know if they are useful in getting jobs with brokerage firms or can they be useful making own trades.

Trading is a life-long learning but experience of senior traders can definitely be useful.

Please suggest professional & serious knowledge sources to approach. Particularly when there are so many instruments, tenures, sources, methods.

Thanks in advance.
Definitely NSE certifications are knowledge enhancers but if you want to become a trader by yourself for trading for living then you will have to keep a parallel approach of learning if you are interested in doing NSE certifications also. These have useful insights into the financial system as a whole and particularity about the stock exchange mechanism but when it comes to trading you will not be able to find the actual information which is needed to trade in the subject matter.

As a trader you will have to start with learning the trading skills through learning technical analysis and charting etc.

You will have to be very clear in your goals about Trading because trading has steep learning curve and needs lot of hard work coupled with phases of frustrations , hopelessness and what not. I am not trying to demotivate you but telling the various phases a trader has to go through in 95% of cases.

Definitely NSE certifications are knowledge enhancers but if you want to become a trader by yourself for trading for living then you will have to keep a parallel approach of learning if you are interested in doing NSE certifications also. These have useful insights into the financial system as a whole and particularity about the stock exchange mechanism but when it comes to trading you will not be able to find the actual information which is needed to trade in the subject matter.

As a trader you will have to start with learning the trading skills through learning technical analysis and charting etc.

You will have to be very clear in your goals about Trading because trading has steep learning curve and needs lot of hard work coupled with phases of frustrations , hopelessness and what not. I am not trying to demotivate you but telling the various phases a trader has to go through in 95% of cases.
Thanks.
What would be a good starting point? A crash course by some experienced traderji member or some other professional course or NSE certification or something else? There must be brokerage firms or some other professional agencies giving such basic, intermediate, advanced courses or even degrees/diplomas/certifications?
Internet has plethora of information. Much of it is shallow and unreliable.

cloudTrader

Thanks.
What would be a good starting point? A crash course by some experienced traderji member or some other professional course or NSE certification or something else? There must be brokerage firms or some other professional agencies giving such basic, intermediate, advanced courses or even degrees/diplomas/certifications?
Internet has plethora of information. Much of it is shallow and unreliable.
Well a starting point depends a lot on what kind of trading approach you will keep. The basic tenets will remain the same but still if you are aiming for positional long term trading then there would be some fundamental differences in our approach then what we would apply if we target intraday trading, in the middle of both comes short term swing trading. So first & foremost requirement for you is to decide on what time frame you will be focusing and then secondly comes the decision on what resources will matter to start over with your primary goal.

Thanks in advance.
You say that the NSE certification programs are difficult to get. In what context..like limited edition or in the sense that they are costly?

Well a starting point depends a lot on what kind of trading approach you will keep. The basic tenets will remain the same but still if you are aiming for positional long term trading then there would be some fundamental differences in our approach then what we would apply if we target intraday trading, in the middle of both comes short term swing trading. So first & foremost requirement for you is to decide on what time frame you will be focusing and then secondly comes the decision on what resources will matter to start over with your primary goal.
My preferred approach would be to trade in such a way so as to make returns at regular frequency. For e.g. Quarterly (5 to 10%), Monthly (2 to 5%) or even daily.

[If I wanted to invest & hold for long term (years), it would not be a "full-time dedicated professional trading/investing" I guess]

So, pls suggest.