How can I get data in csv from nse?

travi

man,
had to dig through google spied histroy :clap:
you tube v=wrepkBYmRWc
That is a proprietary application developed by them.
I didn't see the whole video, but apparently, they are marketing their product to sell.
You may get links to contact them etc from the video, but its certainly not something you can get off-the-shelf for free :D

Ppl want to laugh at automation, and then want to sit on their couch and execute electronic orders, I wish they would wake up and go the trading ring everyday and fill paper forms. :rofl:
When something is complicated for one, he/she should understand that it is only bcos its beyond "their" scope.
Yes yes
Very rightly said, some thing like simple chart reading for you without indicators etc. :lol: :lol:
And I do not need automation, if automation is more difficult than a single click working. :D

vagar11

I am unable to understand that, why we people choose a difficult way, to do a simple work (like chart reading in a simple way without any indicator)
If the question is to have the data (as downloaded from the url posted) in csv format then there is a very very simple way to have it, but we are choosing a very difficult way to have it. Use this function, use that function etc etc. :lol: :lol:
If there is a simple way please share it. I need all the data for 5 years for index for testing my strategy.

pannet1

The python code would be not more than 20 lines :D
Write once, run very very very many times.
I have crossed many milestone in understanding python code, since you posted this.

nothing great but to a level where i could further automate the existing free code a bit more.

can you share some of your knowledge please.

travi

I have crossed many milestone in understanding python code, since you posted this.

nothing great but to a level where i could further automate the existing free code a bit more.

can you share some of your knowledge please.
I don't program in Python but what exactly do you want to know?
Logic is the same, irrespective of language.