How can I get data in csv from nse?

vagar11

travi

1. Why don't you run it through a REGEX function.
OR
2. You can just explode the data using regex again, bcos its html data, all the text is enclosed in td>some data < angular brackets.

3. The identified groups of patterns can be added to a tab delimited string or "comma separated" or output directly to file through some stream writer.

For comma separation, just append comma after each regex pattern match and end each line the "backslash n" newline character.

pannet1

OR
2. You can just explode the data using regex again, bcos its html data, all the text is enclosed in td>some data < angular brackets.

3. The identified groups of patterns can be added to a tab delimited string or "comma separated" or output directly to file through some stream writer.

For comma separation, just append comma after each regex pattern match and end each line the "backslash n" newline character.
Ha Ravi,

I recently saw a youtube video of guy from Andhra Pradesh executing all his orders from excel sheet. He never actually left the excel sheet for the entire session I guess. Can you point me to any such free utility please.

travi

Ha Ravi,

I recently saw a youtube video of guy from Andhra Pradesh executing all his orders from excel sheet. He never actually left the excel sheet for the entire session I guess. Can you point me to any such free utility please.
1. Can you post the video?

2. Anyway, just check, afaik, even with zerodha you can do that under bulk orders. They use the term "Basket Orders"
Excel based orders have been there for a long time.
The logic however will be in the software/trading platform associated with it.

travi

@Vagar11

If you don't want to do all the above, I assumed, you were keen to finish it off with python.
You can also do the following:
In MS Excel, from DATA > Connections
You can create data connections that will "GET" html data from a URL.
You can even customise the web query with parameters and parse that data neatly into the excel sheet cells.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...Web-page-708f2249-9569-4ff9-a8a4-7ee5f1b1cfba

Search for "GET external data from web query for excel"

vagar11

OR

Thanks. Using Regex and all those. It's too much trouble. I was looking for a simpler way.

I can't use excel as I wanted to test historical data.

I am unable to understand that, why we people choose a difficult way, to do a simple work (like chart reading in a simple way without any indicator)
If the question is to have the data (as downloaded from the url posted) in csv format then there is a very very simple way to have it, but we are choosing a very difficult way to have it. Use this function, use that function etc etc. :lol: :lol:

travi

Thanks. Using Regex and all those. It's too much trouble. I was looking for a simpler way.
I can't use excel as I wanted to test historical data.
The python code would be not more than 20 lines :D
Write once, run very very very many times.

travi

Ppl want to laugh at automation, and then want to sit on their couch and execute electronic orders, I wish they would wake up and go the trading ring everyday and fill paper forms. :rofl:
When something is complicated for one, he/she should understand that it is only bcos its beyond "their" scope.

pannet1

1. Can you post the video?

2. Anyway, just check, afaik, even with zerodha you can do that under bulk orders. They use the term "Basket Orders"
Excel based orders have been there for a long time.
The logic however will be in the software/trading platform associated with it.
man,

had to dig through google spied histroy :clap:
you tube v=wrepkBYmRWc