how can I get a PAN card from abroad?

Hi Chuckles,

I'm planning on using "nritaxservices" to assist
in obtaining PAN Card. Did you have any issues
with them? How long is the process to obtain
PAN card. Also did you get all documents attested
by Indian Embassy or just with "public notary".

Thanks

I got my Pan card from them, and if i remember correctly I did not sent attested copies. I just sent self attasted copies.

ace

chintan786

hi friends, I need help one of my friend lost his PAN card. He has PAN number but not have card.

Can any one tell me wht is the procedure to get duplicate PAN card.

thanks in advance

I had good experience with the link provided in this site. I got the PAN card within 3-4 weeks in Saudi. Representative assessee is required only for minor and mentally challenged.
Rupee Demand DRaft is the main thing that can be obtained from any bank.
The system seemed to work very well for me
Good LUck

Hi Sivakumar,

I am in the US and want to apply for a PAN online. I had a couple of questions as you mentioned you had applied online.

1. The form gives an option of AO "For International Taxation" and "For non-international taxation". Based on the requirements for residency I qualify for non-resident Indian and as such will have to use this AO. Did you also do the same? If so, which AO did you use and how did you go about finding the right AO? (There is a default AO available...did you use that?)

2. What did you give your residential and office address as? Residential - India and Office - Kuwait?

Please let me know.
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Best,
Sandeep
I had the same set of questions, and would appreciate a response from Siva or others who have done this already. Thanks!

I need further clarification. I am a US citizen with no PIO or OCI. The proof of identify and proof of address can be notarized by a notary public instead of attested by Indian Embassy. I live in southern California and the embassy is about 400 miles was away.