hourly setting in amibroker

kiran_thiru

this is good idea.
if u change in time frame all sheets of symbol changed to that time frame.
can we plot a symbol with different time frame sheets in one chart.
our ami expert tradeji's will get solution to this.
waiting for expert's posts.
:clap::clap::clap:

trash

Very Quick/Short answer is No.

You cannot simultaneously show true different times frames on one sheet within the same chart. For each different time frame to be plotted, you need to use a different Chart.

However, over time, creative people have come up solutions to get around this and what they essentially do is as follows
a) extract higher time frames and the
b) plot it over the the smaller timeframe using Graphics functions.

This is not true multiple time frame plotting, but a reasonably good equivalent.

Using this simulated approach, you can simultaneously plot 2 time frames on same pane of the same sheet, so you will not need two charts.
What you write is not true. The GFX graph of my picture is using true timeframe functions so it is a true higher TF on lower TF in same chart! A bar is a bar is a bar.

I mean seriously what is a true timeframe for you??

Alternatively you can use expandpoint without GFX ( see lower pane in the pic).

Last edited:

mastermind007

What you write is not true. The GFX graph of my picture is using true timeframe functions so it is a true higher TF on lower TF in same chart! A bar is a bar is a bar.

I mean seriously what is a true timeframe for you??

Alternatively you can use expandpoint without GFX ( see lower pane in the pic).
Perhaps, my definition of "True" is from a programmer perspective. I'd call it true if it behaves as if the Data was stored in higher and lower timeframe separately.
It is not easy to achieve but I've seen more expensive softwares doing that.

The AFL that you have have depicted approximates (and does a very very good job) the higher timeframe from lower one.

BTW, I like your color combinations better than what I have. Can you share which two colors were blended?

I also use a GFX based AFL (simulated and similar to one you have) and do many of my calculations on both.

Here is my screen shot of overlaid Candles

Last edited:

trash

Perhaps, my definition of "True" is from a programmer perspective. I'd call it true if it behaves as if the Data was stored in higher and lower timeframe separately.
It is not easy to achieve but I've seen more expensive softwares doing that.

The AFL that you have have depicted approximates (and does a very very good job) the higher timeframe from lower one.

BTW, I like your color combinations better than what I have. Can you share which two colors were blended?

I also use a GFX based AFL (simulated and similar to one you have) and do many of my calculations on both.
If you click hourly button in the AmiBroker toolbar then hourly data is also not stored but hourly timeframe is created from base time interval and you see a compressed hourly bar. By using timeframe functions in lower time frame then you see expanded bar. To be honest I don't see a point to continuously saving each timeframe. If you want to store all timeframes you click or visualize then use export or AddToComposite.

The gradient fill in my candles gets created by using GfxGradientRect()

Would you like an example in which the AFL shows (OHLC) for 1 minute 5 candles, which are within a 5 minute candle. U can set
any candle, the first day or the last, qq one day. But the graph should be 5 min.

I'm leaving a stub attached. In the example I chose a candle any (TF 5 min chart.), I wonder what are the (O, H, L, C) for 1 min. inside that bar.

Thank you.