Hourly High And Hourly Low Strategy

VJAY

Dear doss,
So simply say like you enter long prev hrly bar high and short prev hrly bar low....correct?

doss186

Dear doss,
So simply say like you enter long prev hrly bar high and short prev hrly bar low....correct?
Yeah thats true, when H hits prev Hourly high that ensures the price is going to make higher highs and higher lows which is the definition of uptrend and when L hits Prev hour low that ensures the price is going to make lower lows and lower highs which is the definition of downtrend, Of course there are some losing trades also. But this strategy may not work well in NSE Futures, What works better in NSE is Hourly ranges.

VJAY

Yeah thats true, when H hits prev Hourly high that ensures the price is going to make higher highs and higher lows which is the definition of uptrend and when L hits Prev hour low that ensures the price is going to make lower lows and lower highs which is the definition of downtrend, Of course there are some losing trades also. But this strategy may not work well in NSE Futures, What works better in NSE is Hourly ranges.
But your afl/chart given trades at hourly highs !!!!something diferent i think....

doss186

But your afl/chart given trades at hourly highs !!!!something diferent i think....
Look at both the range based chart (Top one) and Hourly High Low (Bottom one). The hourly high eliminates lot of noise and keeps in trade for longer. The range based chart throws many signals but this the suitable for NSE fututres and not suitable for crude.
Crude_10May_19.jpg

VJAY

Look at both the range based chart (Top one) and Hourly High Low (Bottom one). The hourly high eliminates lot of noise and keeps in trade for longer. The range based chart throws many signals but this the suitable for NSE fututres and not suitable for crude. View attachment 34826
Dear doss,
How short trade coming at high ranges?I think still I not getting your trades logic!!!:confusedd::confusedd::confusedd:
can you pls explain where long trades coming & short trades coming?is it at Hrly highs & lows or anything else?

Please post one chart of equity scrip of sbi/tatasteel/tatamotor

Last edited:

doss186

Dear doss,
How short trade coming at high ranges?I think still I not getting your trades logic!!!:confusedd::confusedd::confusedd:
can you pls explain where long trades coming & short trades coming?is it at Hrly highs & lows or anything else?

Please post one chart of equity scrip of sbi/tatasteel/tatamotor
TATASTEEL_10MAY_19.jpg

Chart of TATASTEEL. AS I mentioned the losses made in Range based chart is lesser than Hourly High Low. Also note trend line falling from green to yellow and orange to blue indicates exit point to avoid risk. But such thing not able to do in hourly high low.

doss186

View attachment 34829
Chart of TATASTEEL. AS I mentioned the losses made in Range based chart is lesser than Hourly High Low. Also note trend line falling from green to yellow and orange to blue indicates exit point to avoid risk. But such thing not able to do in hourly high low.
This is my twisted way of trading NR4. Crude may hit 4266 either today or on Monday!
Crude_10May_19_2.jpg

VJAY

Subtract hourly high from Previous hourly low and Subtract Prev hour high from hourly low. That will give you the histogram of price movements.
If some one made this code please share here ....:)