Hope for the best

Dear all

Here i am starting this thread for the benefit of all and welcoming all

GOAL is to get BEST

All seniors and guru's of this family
please pay attention and please guide for the best

who ever helping to make this ...will stay in hearts of all beneficiaries for ever

before coming to the exact point let me introduce one moral

if we want go get good crop we must put a good seed in good ground with good support,care ......then only it will possible

in the same way we need to put good seed (stratagy ,AFL ) in a good ground (trending time ) need to give good support (indicators )good care (stop loss) and consistency ......then only we can get ,,,,,hope you got my thought

with out support of senior gurus this will not possible .....so please help in this to help all

here i want to set a back ground for this in the form of questions and the answers for these questions will lead to the path, if any body wants to add more things for the betterment ,you are hearty welcome

questions are

1) best time to enter in to ( trending market time ) how to know the trending time ?

2) best seed ( AFL, Indicators ) to use ....what is that ?

3) best point to buy / sell how to know ?

4) best point to come out ( stop loss ) where to keep ?

5) best place to choose ( which script is trending ) ?

i feel that answers to these 5 questions will give a way to the best ( at lease better )

please through light on these questions give guidance and get answers
all seniors and gurus and knowledge banks can give valuable suggestions and guidance .....welcome all

with the above introduction i will request one of the senior to come forward and take over this thread and go ahead ........because i know, i am not right person to handle this as i am new to this field and i am doctor by profession

if not all the above

here i am posting an AFL from my respected senior
can make betterment of this ........so that we can get even better

_SECTION_BEGIN("Strategy 1");
SetChartOptions( 0, chartShowArrows | chartShowDates );
_N( Title = StrFormat( "{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ) );
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor( "Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle( "Style" ) | GetPriceStyle() );

SARacc = Param( "SAR Accelration", 0.03, 0.01, 0.2, 0.01 );
SARmacc = Param( "SAR Max Accelration", 0.2, 0.01, 0.5, 0.01 );
percs = Param( "Trail Stop Loss Percentage", 1, 0, 90, 0.1 );
perct= Param( "Proft Target Percentage", 1, 0, 90, 0.1 );

SAR1= SAR(SARacc, SARmacc);

Plot( SAR1, "SAR", colorRed, styleDots | styleNoLine, maskDefault );

Buy1 = Cross( H, SAR1 );
Sell1 = Cross( SAR1, L );

Buy = Buy1;
BuyPrice= ValueWhen(Buy, C);
sl = HHV( H, BarsSince( Buy ) ) * ( 1 - percs/ 100 );
tgt= ValueWhen(Buy, C)* (1 + perct/100);
sl= 0.05*int( (100*sl)/5);
tgt= 0.05*int( (100*tgt)/5);
Sell = ( Sell1 OR L < sl OR H>tgt) AND ( H - L ) < C * ( percs / 100 );
printf("SAR"+ tgt );

Buy = ExRem( Buy, Sell );
Sell = ExRem( Sell, Buy );
BuyPrice = 0.05*int( (100*ValueWhen( Buy, C ))/5 ) ;
SellPrice = IIf( Sell AND L < sl, sl, IIf(Sell AND H> tgt, tgt, ValueWhen( Sell, O )) );

Short = Sell1;
ShortPrice= ValueWhen(Short, C);
sls = LLV( L, BarsSince( Short ) ) * ( 1 + percs / 100 );
tgts= ValueWhen(Short, C)* (1 - perct/100);
sls= 0.05*int( (100*sls)/5);
tgts= 0.05*int( (100*tgts)/5);
Cover = ( Buy1 OR H > sls OR L<tgts ) AND ( H - L ) < C * ( percs / 100 );

Short = ExRem( Short, Cover );
Cover = ExRem( Cover, Short );
ShortPrice = ValueWhen( Short, C );
CoverPrice = IIf( Cover AND H > sls, sls, IIf( Cover AND L<tgts, tgt, ValueWhen( Cover, O )) );

sig = IIf( BarsSince( Buy ) < BarsSince( Short ), 1, 0 );
messageboard = ParamToggle( "Message Board", "Show|Hide", 1 );

if ( messageboard == 1 )
{
GfxSelectFont( "Tahoma", 13, 100 );
GfxSetBkMode( 1 );
GfxSetTextColor( colorWhite );

GfxSelectSolidBrush( colorDarkTeal ); // this is the box background color

pxHeight = Status( "pxchartheight" ) ;

xx = Status( "pxchartwidth" );
Left = 1100;
width = 310;
x = 5;
x2 = 290;

y = pxHeight;

GfxSelectPen( colorGreen, 1 ); // broader color
GfxRoundRect( x, y - 98, x2, y , 7, 7 ) ;
GfxTextOut( ( " " ), 27, y - 120 );
GfxTextOut( ( "Last" + " Signal came " + ( BarsSince( Buy OR Short ) ) * Interval() / 60 + " mins ago" ), 13, y - 100 ) ; // The text format location
GfxTextOut( ( "" + WriteIf( sig == 1, "BUY @ " + BuyPrice , "SHORT @ " + ShortPrice ) ), 13, y - 80 );
GfxTextOut( "Stop Loss : " + IIf( sig == 1, sl, sls ), 13, y - 60 );
GfxTextOut( "Target : " + IIf( sig == 1, tgt, tgts ), 13, y - 40 );
GfxTextOut( ( "Current P/L : " + WriteVal( IIf( sig == 1, ( C - BuyPrice ), ( ShortPrice - C ) ), 2.2 ) ), 13, y - 22 );
}

PlotShapes( IIf( Buy, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorGreen, 0, L, Offset = -40 );
PlotShapes( IIf( Buy, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorLime, 0, L, Offset = -50 );
PlotShapes( IIf( Buy, shapeUpArrow, shapeNone ), colorWhite, 0, L, Offset = -45 );
PlotShapes( IIf( Sell, shapeDownArrow, shapeNone ), colorRed, 0, H, Offset = -45 );

PlotShapes( IIf( Short, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorRed, 0, H, Offset = 40 );
PlotShapes( IIf( Short, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorOrange, 0, H, Offset = 50 );
PlotShapes( IIf( Short, shapeDownArrow, shapeNone ), colorWhite, 0, H, Offset = -45 );
PlotShapes( IIf( Cover, shapeUpArrow, shapeNone ), colorBlue, 0, L, Offset = -45 );

Filter= Buy OR Sell OR Short OR Cover;
AddColumn(C, "Price");
AddColumn(Buy, "BUY", 1.0, colorWhite, IIf(Buy, ColorRGB(0,102,0), colorWhite), 50);
AddColumn(Sell, "SELL", 1.0, IIf(Sell, colorBlack, colorWhite), IIf(Sell, ColorRGB(255,204,204), colorWhite), 50);
AddColumn(Short, "SHORT", 1.0, colorWhite, IIf(Short, ColorRGB(153,0,0), colorWhite), 50);
AddColumn(Cover, "COVER", 1.0, IIf(Cover, colorBlack, colorWhite), IIf(Cover, ColorRGB(153,255,153), colorWhite), 50);

Last edited:

jahan

questions are

1) best time to enter in to ( trending market time ) how to know the trending time ?

2) best seed ( AFL, Indicators ) to use ....what is that ?

3) best point to buy / sell how to know ?

4) best point to come out ( stop loss ) where to keep ?

5) best place to choose ( which script is trending ) ?

i feel that answers to these 5 questions will give a way to the best ( at lease better )

Hello,
Sir,

Here are my Answers....

1).There is no Particular/optimal method/time of entry... u can enter the market randomly and make money if u follow Risk management/Exit Rules....what iam saying is don't give much importance to entry rather than exits...exits are very critical....and when comes to trending markets....u can't find trending markets all the time...if u find one then also u can't ride all the way... u need to give back some.....in other words u can catch 50-80% of the trend if u find one....

now u will ask ....how to find the trend to catch 50-80%...again u can't find all the time... may be u will find them about 30-45% of the time.
to do this job..u can use any trend following methods that available.

2).See trading is not farming and it also not like a Doctors/engineer's job its more than that...there is nothing like Best Afl or worst indicators...everything here is derived from only few variables...i.e is price and volume...IMO all indicators are equal(slight diff) when comes to performance....only the perspective(or looking ) is different.u can choose any Indicator without hesitation which suits ur mentality(psychology) and learn about that indicator.

3) same as Ans 1).

4) See Best point of Stop-loss should be a logical one which violates and tell that ur entry is wrong and u need to reverse the trade....but in reality it is little bit difficult...but its certainly doable and its doesn't apply to trend traders who wait for trend conformation.

5)which scrip trending?...Hmmmm....the one which meats all ur trend criteria's like above/Below this MA/support/resistance...etc...etc

Sir,.....ur looking for Best....instead look for whats suits u best...which makes lots of difference in ur trading....and by the way u won't need(to have) best things to be as a successful trader...u need simple things(not easy) and Best Risk-management/position-sizing techniques.

Sir,...if u want to adapt someone Trading system....don't do that..B'coz its suitable for themselves...instead pick some techniques(which u like) in the trading system and add to ur own system...B'coz as u know ...every human is unique in Psychology.

and...at last the Word "Hope"...which u used in ur Thread Name....Never-ever works in Trading.

Regards,

Last edited: