Hi to All! Novice needs help

Hello everyone

I just joined this forum a few minutes back. For a few days I had been browsing through this forum's threads, specially Himadriji's regarding FChart software. I am a total novice in charting- just having a bit theoritical knowledge of indicators. I have just downloaded and installed the 7-day trial version of FChart Pro. (This was aptly suggested by Himadriji in one of his very early threads).

Please help in how to start using the FChart. I mean importing from NSE, charting etc

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone

I just joined this forum a few minutes back. For a few days I had been browsing through this forum's threads, specially Himadriji's regarding FChart software. I am a total novice in charting- just having a bit theoritical knowledge of indicators. I have just downloaded and installed the 7-day trial version of FChart Pro. (This was aptly suggested by Himadriji in one of his very early threads).

Please help in how to start using the FChart. I mean importing from NSE, charting etc

Thanks in advance!
First you have to download eod data from nse. I have already explained on the thread "how to import eod in fchart" at the following link :-

http://www.traderji.com/software/15055-how-import-eod-fcharts.html

Please go through the thread in details. However if you find any problem, please write in this forum.

Cheers

Himadri

Thks Himadriji. Have done the same as advised. All the tickers have been updated (NSE) till 29/02/08. How do I overlay indicators over the charts? Is there any option to view the bars as candlesticks?

Thks Himadriji. Have done the same as advised. All the tickers have been updated (NSE) till 29/02/08. How do I overlay indicators over the charts? Is there any option to view the bars as candlesticks?
On the main price chart click right mouse then chart - candlestick chart or in short cut press Ctrl K to display candlestick chart. To display moving averages on chart, again right click mouse then moving averages show all 3emas or show all 3 smas as per your requirement. You can also display indicators by clicking right menu and quick select overlays.

Cheers

Himadri

Thks again Himadriji. Does this FChart also work on Real time stock data? I mean during trading Hours? How do I make my new Watch Lists?

I guess am bothering you too much. But thanks for your valued help

Thks again Himadriji. Does this FChart also work on Real time stock data? I mean during trading Hours? How do I make my new Watch Lists?

I guess am bothering you too much. But thanks for your valued help
Real time charting is also possible provided if you have real time data source in DDE or excel configuration. You may also integrate Quotetracker for real time charting with Fchart but data will be delayed by 15 minutes.

You do not have to make watch list which is already built in the Fchart software. Select your scripts individually and save in watch list by right clicking main chart - watchlists - add to - watchlist 1 or 2 and so on . You can also rename watch list from watch list setting. Hope the same is clear to you.

Cheers

Himadri