Hi from the FCharts programmer

I'm Simon, the guy who spent ten years designing and programming FCharts 1 (and now, FCharts 2.)

I know there's a lot of interest on these forums around my software so I decided to sign up and start a topic where people could request features, report bugs, etc.

I'm working hard on FCharts 2 and there's an alpha release of the Pro version out there. I'm currently getting an alpha release of the SE (free) version ready so people can test it on their systems and report any issues before I put out a beta release. Hopefully the SE version will be out in the next week or so.

Cheers
Simon

Dear SimonH
I'm very much thankful to you for making such a wonderful software.
I'm using Fcharts for last 1 year and find it wonderful charting software among all available in market.
I do day trade in NSE(India) and need you help. I would like to automatically draw Today's Open, Today's High, Today's Low and Yesterday's closing lines in Intraday charts. These Today's Open, Today's High, Today's Low and Yesterday's closing data available in EOD chart, but dont know how to use this data to draw autmotically lines in intraday chart.
And I also would like to know how to automatically draw my own pivot lines in intraday as well EOD charts.
Please reply soon, I very much in need of solution for these problems.
Thanking you.

Jayesh Pithadiya

RSI

Hello Simon,

Welcome to the forum. I am one of the registered users of your great software.

Since your PM is not enabled, I am constrained to post this here. I donot know why FCharts is not updating BSE data. Also, if someone tries to update NSE data after the closure of market hours with yahoo data (that is the default datasource) using download button under Import/Export, some NSE symbols are not updated and while some symbols are updated with some strange consequences. To give an example, symbols like (all NSE symbols) jindalsaw, jbma, naukri etc. are not updated at all. In case of Oil India (NSE symbol oil), price is updated but when today's price is updated correctly, yesterday's price is reset to Rs. 23 to Rs. 25. Its actual market price is around Rs. 1422 as of today.

Also there is lot of scope for improving point and figure charting section of FCharts. If you desire, you can add market profile charting fecility as well. If you add these, it would be a great software.

Anyway, thanks for a good economical charting software

Hello Jayesh,
I am also registered user of FCharts Pro, but I have not been able to feed any real time data in to FCharts. Since you are day trading with FCharts Pro, you must be getting the real time data into FCharts.
Can you pls let me know how to go about it, and which is the RT data source you use?
Thanks in advance
Sharantaka

hello everybady.
i am gokul i need metastock programmer i am in ooty i want to program my own strategy. if you intrested contact me. it is great help for me.
and also i ready to pay.
email add= [email protected]
contact no = 09443585448

Last edited:
Dear Friends and Specially RH HImadri Sir ..Can anybody Programme an UDI for TSI Trend or True Strength Index...

True Strength Index (TSI)
The True Strength Index (TSI) is a momentum-based indicator, developed by William Blau. Designed to determine both TSI, or the True Strength Index is a momentum-based indicator, was designed by William Blau. The TSI is suitable for intraday time frames as well as long term trading and helps to define trend and oversold/overbought conditions.

True Strength Indicator
The True Stregnth Indicator is a technical momentum indicator that helps traders determine trend as well as overbought and oversold conditions of a security by incorporating the short-term purchasing momentum of the market with the lagging benefits of moving averages.

A variation of the Relative Strength Index, developed by William Blau, it uses a differencing function to measure momentum and an averaging function to correlate the momentum to the price trend. In other words, the indicator combines the leading characteristic of a differencing momentum calculation with the lagging characteristic of an averaging function to create an indicator that reflects price direction and is in sync with market turns.

The averaging function used to create the TSI is called double smoothing, a process by which a first exponential moving average (EMA) is applied to the data (in this case, momentum), and then a second shorter-term EMA is applied to the result of the first EMA calculation. The result is a smoother line that introduces less lag than a single EMA with a longer period length. The formula for the TSI is:

TSI(close,r,s) = 100xEMA(EMA(mtm,r),s)/EMA(EMA(|mtm|,r),s)

where

mtm = closetoday - closeyesterday

EMA(mtm,r) = exponential moving average of mtm with period length = r

EMA(EMA(mtm,r),s) = exponential moving average of EMA(mtm,r) with period length = s

|mtm| = absolute value of mtm

r = first period (default 25)

s = second period (default 13)

For Metastock the Forlula is as follows

100*(Mov(Mov((CLOSE - Ref(CLOSE,-1)),25,E),13,E))/(Mov(Mov(Abs(CLOSE - Ref(CLOSE,-1)),25,E),13,E))

Can anybody write it for Fcharts ....
you would definitely need a 'Pro' version to do that.