HFCL INfotel

magnet

Well i bought 400 of this shares when first the news about reliance taking it came on news....
Got the shares at 9.88 Rs per share.....

What in news i heard was reliance was about to pay rs 22.3 per share to infotel for the shares....

Yesterday news was confirmed that reliance bought the company infotel...and both HFCL and HFCL infotel share hit circuit....

But now what i am hearing is RIL bought an unlisted company of INFOTEL broadband and HFCL stating it has nothing to do with infotel which is being sold to RIL

I am Confuse on HFCL infotel site if u see both looks same....But here HFCL says they have sold the Part and HFCL infotel has no shares which is being sold

I bought the shares thinking it will give me 60-80% return in short time(or atleast a buyback by RIL)....But news looks against my decision .
CAn someone put light on the issue and whether i should stay or in next session try to exit the stock

Last edited:

rajeabc

Even I had put an order to buy HFCL INfotel expecting it to be the same company which taken over by RIL.
But now I came to know that Infotel Broadband Services is Private Limited and not listed.Please check the same at www.dot.gov.in

Article

http://www.dot.gov.in/as/Auction of...ction Results/BWA_Auction_-_Final_Results.pdf

more news:

Infotel Broadband won the licenses in all the 22 circles in the auction. The company has been promoted by Anant Nahata, son of Mahendra Nahata of Himachal Futuristic that makes optical cables and fibres. Infotel will pay a pan-India licence fee of Rs.12,847.77 crore.

Himachal Futuristic, which had won several mobile phone service circles when it was opened up for further private players in mid-1990s, said Thursday it does not own any stake in Infotel.

From http://money.rediff.com/companies/news/647354
June 10, 2010
With reference to the news item appearing in a leading financial daily titled RIL drawing up plans to forey into telecom space, Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd has clarified to BSE as under:

1. Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd. (HFCL) does not hold any share of Infotel Broadband Services Pvt. Ltd. (Infotel).
2. Since HFCL does not hold any shares in Infotel, the question of selling any shares of Infotel by HFCL does not arise.
3. The Company also clarify that, HFCL has not entered into any agreement with Reliance Industries Ltd. in this regard.

I also thought that infotel was a part of HFCL as it was mentioned in Economic Times, but I guess they made a big mistake.

Last edited:

d_s_ramesh

INFOTEL is a pre-orchestrated drama of RIL. Let people throw some light on this issue and get to know the money power of RIL. It is willing to do anything for personal benefits, in turn it is inevitable that its shareholders get benefited too.

magnet

INFOTEL is a pre-orchestrated drama of RIL. Let people throw some light on this issue and get to know the money power of RIL. It is willing to do anything for personal benefits, in turn it is inevitable that its shareholders get benefited too.
Thats the point ...FIrst the news comes infotel being bought which is of HFCL....A news channel even shows chart suggesting that reliance paying 22.3 rs per share for hfcl infotel share.... Thats twice the value....

We take some position and now news no shares exist of the said company ...A new company will be made which will cater broadband....and shares will be given...SO no point of buy back or stuff like that ....DIrect deal between these 2...Than reliance will list the company to get same money from us...Instead of buyback and paying us it will be us to pay them

Last edited:
HFCL Infotel is different from Infotel Broadband!!! :p
Yes I am glad I came to know about it, I was thinking of investing Rs 10k in it! but I am glad I didn't.

But I did invest 2k in hfcl & 2k in hfcl infotel, yes I know its crazy but I just did it & booked a loss in advance even before putting the money. HFCL prices have risen to 12.44 whereas hfcl infotel is going down.

praveen taneja

Thats the point ...FIrst the news comes infotel being bought which is of HFCL....A news channel even shows chart suggesting that reliance paying 22.3 rs per share for hfcl infotel share.... Thats twice the value....

We take some position and now news no shares exist of the said company ...A new company will be made which will cater broadband....and shares will be given...SO no point of buy back or stuff like that ....DIrect deal between these 2...Than reliance will list the company to get same money from us...Instead of buyback and paying us it will be us to pay them
It is called distribution bro:thumb:

magnet

It is called distribution bro:thumb:
Lolz and i am caught in this

Now from past 3 days it hitting lower circuit and i am looking myself as looser...

But will wait for friday meeting for more clearity.....

Have 400 shares...

On contrary HFCL was hittning upper circuit from past 2 days...only today it stopped