Hey everybody...

Hey tradeji,
Have been viewing this site for the last couple of days and must say is one of the best sites on the net.
1) have been in the market since the last 2 years.Well must say the experience has been awesome.Jumped into the market with 50,000 (money recvd as bonus from for completion of 12 months at work)..and guess what jumped a day before the markets locked the circuit.Well booked losses as soon as the market came off the circuit and vowed will never invest again..However didnt get out off reliance coz had a feeling will get a better price later.
Well had bought reliace at 470 levels and it was at 390 when trading resumed.held it and waited for 470 to come back took a long long time before it could reach that level touched 450's and went back to the 420 range many times.finally got 470 and sold it at 475 levels ..whew!! and it started sliding again went down to 465 levels where i entered again.Meanwhile learnt that a software called adget is good for trading!! Had no idea how to use it went through the help sites and finally set-up adget with a lot of pains.Got the bhav copy data from a broker friend and lo i was a trader.(atleast that is what i thought i was).Learnt adget has elliot wave and used this along with pti to enter a scrip..meanwhile read a lot of books and learnt about macd and w%r.,learnt rsi and stockhastic is a leading indicator and thus started combining this along with the elliot to enter a trade.However used to see that the scrips i enter usually took a long time before they moved..found out that i was buying below the resistance area.Did a lot of experiments and so called mock trading and found that when the 10 dma cuts 20 dma the stock zooms..did some mock trades on stocks like tata tea,bhel,tatamotors before finally entering tatasteel boom ...down 3%..wondered what went wrong.Learnt that the steel demand from china is gng down and hence the stock is weak.wondered why i picked tisco of all the scrips and vowed not to trade again..hehe.Thus got into reading more on the stock markets.Became a regular of the buisness line.Got hold of metastock combned this with adget and have continued trading ever since.Usually with profits the crossover of the moving averages has given me some awesome results.And usually bought the stocks at lows and sold at highs..metastock candlestick expert also has been of great help when it comes to selling at tops..
And now have a trading system setup..which quite profitable when the stocks are in markets as a whole are in momentum.The recent bull markets have made me forget what stop losses are..exited my holding when the moving avgerages cut eachother..however didnt sell 100% of my holding sold 70% and am regretting holding the rest.the recent bull market can be blamed for this stupidity.Like i said started with 50,000 aim was to be a long term investor however greed turned me into a trader.losses made me quit day trading and now am a strict trader trying to be a swing trader.:cool: My trading setup is very simple look at strong stocks enter when 10 dma cuts 20 dma and trail with stop loss usually low of the last 3 days.This setup has outperformed the nifty by a long long way.So seems to me like it is effective in a bull market however would like to improve on this and would like to trade on swings.
I am in the markets to make money.I hate being in losses, and also hate day trading partly coz i am not good at it and find it too risky for the kind of returns it gives.
I also invest in ipo's just for the sake of the intial euphoric retuns.Suzlon for eg.. my favorite scrips are indian hotel,tata tea,aban lyod,sterlite industries,bombay dyeing, would love to trade in titan however miss it everytime i want to buy it opens 5% up and i am left looking at it zoom.
..Would also like to post my views on the markets.. feel we are now at the bottom of the sell off..longterm i feel we will hit the 15000 mark.maybe march 2008.As of now we might end up this year consolidating in a broad range of 9000 to 12000.
Thats all for now,Would wish everybody the best of luck and as always happy investing.:cool: