Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts,

SarangSood

Of all emotions that differentiates humans from other things is the Emotion of Thought. Once this emotion (the most powerful one) is systematically altered - it causes long lasting changes to human behavior. The invaders knew this psychology well.
To become great again - one needs to control the emotion of thought & channelize it in the most productive way apt to current times. This is my understanding of the Upanishad "Tat tvam asi".

I have been trying to get to a state of not thinking anything & am finding it very difficult to accomplish!
I would suggest you all to try not to think - no pun intended! It is very difficult :(
I guess it's very tough to not think at all. What the great sages said was to detach oneself from the constant thoughts that keep on bombarding in our heads. Observe the thoughts as a third person which is our soul. So the thoughts become the object and we the subject (our spirit) can view them without being affected by it. So for example if you have a negative thought you should observe it as a thing and not yourself because you are not that thought. You are something way beyond, extraordinary, eternal.

pannet1

That is mainly due to our slave mentality..
It takes at least two generations to become mentally free after getting freedom..
i was wondering even after defeating the madurai sultan, veera balalla iii did not kill him. the difference is the ruthlessness of the invaders. yes, we were fighting but it was more like a game, i think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madurai_Sultanate#Ghiyas-ud-Din_Muhammad_Damghani

Ghiyasuddin was defeated by the Hoysala king Veera Ballala III at first, but later managed to capture and kill Ballala in 1343 CE during the siege of Kannanur Koppam. Ghiyasuddin captured Balalla, robbed him of his wealth, had him killed and his stuffed body displayed on the walls of Madurai.[11] Ghiyasuddin died in 1344 CE from the after effects of an aphrodisiac.[12]

During his reign, Ibn Battuta, the Muslim Moroccan explorer known for his extensive travels through Africa and Asia, visited his court, while on his way to China. He married Jalaluddin Ahsan Khan's daughter. His travel notes mentions Ghiyas-ud-Din Muhammad Damghani's atrocious behaviour towards the local population. His army under his personal orders had the habit of frequently rounding up the local villagers, indiscriminately impaling them on sharpened wooden spikes and left to die.[13] These accounts of were published in the Rihla (lit. "Journey").

pannet1

Of all emotions that differentiates humans from other things is the Emotion of Thought. Once this emotion (the most powerful one) is systematically altered - it causes long lasting changes to human behavior. The invaders knew this psychology well.
To become great again - one needs to control the emotion of thought & channelize it in the most productive way apt to current times. This is my understanding of the Upanishad "Tat tvam asi".

I have been trying to get to a state of not thinking anything & am finding it very difficult to accomplish!
I would suggest you all to try not to think - no pun intended! It is very difficult :(
there is practice for everything. at isha, they teach a practice is called shoonya. it is not exclusive. the same one could be available in another organization.

there is no need to achieve a state of thoughtlessness but the benefit in the attempt is we reduce the frequency of our thought waves and gain a state of wakeful restfullness.

next time follow this two instructions.

1) dont create any thought
2) if you create a thought, dont follow it.

if the ebbs of thoughts are overwhelming, then you need to utter a sound. i cant tell that because it wont work for me, if i tell.

against_tides

i was wondering even after defeating the madurai sultan, veera balalla iii did not kill him. the difference is the ruthlessness of the invaders. yes, we were fighting but it was more like a game, i think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madurai_Sultanate#Ghiyas-ud-Din_Muhammad_Damghani

Ghiyasuddin was defeated by the Hoysala king Veera Ballala III at first, but later managed to capture and kill Ballala in 1343 CE during the siege of Kannanur Koppam. Ghiyasuddin captured Balalla, robbed him of his wealth, had him killed and his stuffed body displayed on the walls of Madurai.[11] Ghiyasuddin died in 1344 CE from the after effects of an aphrodisiac.[12]

During his reign, Ibn Battuta, the Muslim Moroccan explorer known for his extensive travels through Africa and Asia, visited his court, while on his way to China. He married Jalaluddin Ahsan Khan's daughter. His travel notes mentions Ghiyas-ud-Din Muhammad Damghani's atrocious behaviour towards the local population. His army under his personal orders had the habit of frequently rounding up the local villagers, indiscriminately impaling them on sharpened wooden spikes and left to die.[13] These accounts of were published in the Rihla (lit. "Journey").
Or kings were taught by Rishis...
Invaders were taught only by their tough circumstances..for them..it was now or never..hence they can't allow any chance to let go..

pannet1

great wisdom shared by all (especially timepass with some extraordinary out of the box ones)

whatever we do (think, activity) ... is essentially only two things.

1) survival (what will happen to me and my family tomorrow)
2) desire to expand (boundlessly).

our sense organs are designed for 1) but ..

we also try to do 2) with sense organs. this is a wrong choice of tools and we end up dissatisfied anyway 2) the desire to expand is fulfilled only when we turn inward. no matter how much i talk, write and tell, one will not understand this. this is like we having a debate with an owl on what is light and what is dark.

just start a small practice of yoga from an able guru, then everything will be clear. yoga is not a form of physical excercise, though there are health benefits as a side effect.

good luck

pannet1

Trader ppl are really bored of markets lately....tabhi itne wonderful thoughts and life ki understanding khul ke bahar aa rahi hai
i am not talking about myself. only successful trader can ponder such things. a loser trader is always trying to adjust his/her trading so that (s)he becomes a winner. they are always busy.

i have seen successful say time and again, "i am bored" (of making money).

ps: i am not saying people who are not participating in this thread are loosers (they are interested in some other things other than trading) but i hope you get the point

iwillwin

i am not talking about myself. only successful trader can ponder such things. a loser trader is always trying to adjust his/her trading so that (s)he becomes a winner. they are always busy.

i have seen successful say time and again, "i am bored" (of making money).

ps: i am not saying people who are not participating in this thread are loosers (they are interested in some other things other than trading) but i hope you get the point
Nature and life have their own ways to make understand these things to all human beings.... earlier the better...