Help with my trades.

MSN1979

Hi

I have made a switch to day /Swing Trading. I was wondering if someone can look at my trades and guide me.

PS: I am down with approx 12 k in 2 days.

MSN1979

I am posting my trade with reason as to why I took it and my entry exit and sl clearly defined.

Entry : 10142
Reason ( TL False Break Out)
SL :10159 +2 (Previous day high pivot)
Exit: 10162
Target Todays Low: SL Hit
R:R : 10142 -10078 1:3

This was my first trade today. Did you guys think I took trade correctly? Also were my entry exit and SL correct? How did you take your trades today?
1521547472114.png

nil.nik.9777

Expecting trend to continue could go wrong sometimes, especially when market has moved in one direction and trying to bottom out or in time correction.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

primitivetrader

Long trendlines as per my exp is not good for taking entry on internet TFS.
Secondly do you have any method or way to guess that trend line bo is false or true.
There is this big myth that most bo fails. Context is very important.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Trading is simple, if u are following the minimum basics as below,

1. Backtest(maybe visually) your method or logic on a large sample. Observe the result for at least 1000 trades. Observe in bull, bear and nutral/range bound market. If u find this paper profit after deduction of virtual brokerage and probable slippage, then start trade with real money. Until then study, learn & practice paper trades.

2. Add HTF[Daily & H4] sup res lines on charts. Add daily pivots lines. Add Trendlines on hourly charts.

3. In your initial days, trade with extra capital. Trade 1lot per 1 lakh capital and have another 50,000 extra money for MTM losses so that u can trade peacefully for at least 30-40 trades.

Best Wishes.....

According to an old member here (no longer active), the price, on breaching a trendline, is likely to retest the trendline. That's what happened here. The trendline was breached, and the price bends down to retest it, and rebounds from there. Perhaps your trade was not correct in the sense that the downsloping trendline had been breached.

MSN1979

Secondly do you have any method or way to guess that trend line bo is false or true.
Can u help me with an example?

If it falls below the trend line then BO was flase else bo was good.
Logic: My RR goes for a toss if i wait it to fall back in line? Considering a SL of 59 below Line would be another 15 points. So I am unsure what method I should apply? How do u guys manage RR in that case?.

I guess I have learnt a lesson.

Logic: My RR goes for a toss if i wait it to fall back in line? Considering a SL of 59 below Line would be another 15 points. So I am unsure what method I should apply? How do u guys manage RR in that case?.
What kind of order did you use ? Perhaps trailing the SL would have been good. A bracket/cover order does it well.