Help to get Historical Intraday data for fcharts

sekharjchandra

Hi Friends,
Till yesterday, I was using investbulls to extract historical intraday data for my study. But, it seems the data is not in sync with NSE data. For ex: for the date 21-may-2008 investbulls shows open price as 5047 and NSE Shows it as 5036. Could any body help me to get the accurate historical intraday data. Thanks.

Hi ,
You can directly download it from nse site.Just type start and end date and download in csv format. here is the link nseindia>indices>statistics>values.......

sekharjchandra

Hi ,
You can directly download it from nse site.Just type start and end date and download in csv format. here is the link nseindia>indices>statistics>values.......
Hi Munnabhai,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I think NSE provides only EOD data. But i'm looking for Intraday data with which i can view 5/15/30/60 min charts in Fcharts. Thanks.

Two comments.

1. I think you'll need to pay for historical intraday data - if you can find it.

2. Running 60 minute charts of months of data of a frequently traded stock will require a lot of time (or the very fastest quad 4 processor you can buy?).

Hi Friends,
Till yesterday, I was using investbulls to extract historical intraday data for my study. But, it seems the data is not in sync with NSE data. For ex: for the date 21-may-2008 investbulls shows open price as 5047 and NSE Shows it as 5036. Could any body help me to get the accurate historical intraday data. Thanks.
Hi sekharjchandra,

The exact open, high, low, close values in a EOD daily data may not be reflected in intraday data. There is some technical explanation for that. NSE is transmitting the tick data (data feed with price and volume with intervals of few seconds) and it is NOT the trade data (price volume data of each and every trade). If the open, High, low prices of the day's trade is happening between the two tick intervals, it will not be seen in the tick data.

For example, you can compare the intraday tick data chart of NIFTY Futures at NSE (http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/...pirydate=27MAY2010&optiontype=-&strikeprice=-) and day's open, high, low. You can drag on the chart using mouse to zoom the chart and read tick values. For Many days, I could not find the day's OHL values in intraday tick data chart. But only for this reason we cannot say the NSE intraday chart is wrong because NSE is the mother source of data.

The data available from investbulls is in 1 minute format which is compressed from tick data. So the same scenario can be seen there too.

I believe it is clear what I am trying to say. I recommend to use intraday data for analyzing 1 min chart to hourly chart. For studying on daily/weekly/monthly charts, use EOD data.

Last edited: