[help]Shorting in GTL Ltd GTL Group (B-500160 )

r00t

Guys i need advice from you ,on 23rd of june @3.06PM , I shorted GTL Ltd 800 shares @ 106.00 i could not buy share ( square off ) because i faced some technical issues with angel diet so i coudn't buy those shares ,

I am worried as what will happen now. My broker is Angel Broking Ltd. & I would like to know that

- When it vl go to Auction ?
- In event of Auction or internal settlement whether my buy price will be highest price of That day or it is highest price amongst (T, T+1, T+2) of all 3 days.
- Fundamentally what are expert opinions @ this GTL Ltd whether it will go down coming days ?

Experts kindly advice as I'm worried too much.

asnavale

Guys i need advice from you ,on 23rd of june @3.06PM , I shorted GTL Ltd 800 shares @ 106.00 i could not buy share ( square off ) because i faced some technical issues with angel diet so i coudn't buy those shares ,

I am worried as what will happen now. My broker is Angel Broking Ltd. & I would like to know that

- When it vl go to Auction ?
- In event of Auction or internal settlement whether my buy price will be highest price of That day or it is highest price amongst (T, T+1, T+2) of all 3 days.
- Fundamentally what are expert opinions @ this GTL Ltd whether it will go down coming days ?

Experts kindly advice as I'm worried too much.
Hi root,

If you could not square off then the shares would have been automatically squared off before market closed. Generally it is around 3:15pm when the auto square off begins. In case there is no auto square off then you should settle it before T+2. In case it goes for auction then the price you pay will be the price at which the position is settled plus 20% of that cost. Check whether autosquare off has happened. If not, talk to your broker and find out what will be next step.

-Anant

Hi root,

If you could not square off then the shares would have been automatically squared off before market closed. Generally it is around 3:15pm when the auto square off begins. In case there is no auto square off then you should settle it before T+2. In case it goes for auction then the price you pay will be the price at which the position is settled plus 20% of that cost. Check whether autosquare off has happened. If not, talk to your broker and find out what will be next step.

-Anant
Hi, As far as settlement is concerned, it usually happens on T+3 day and it is the highest amongst T, T+1, T+2 days. For internal auction I suggest you to speak with your broker and understand the policy.