help required to get external data to use in ami?

Dear afl experts and seniours,
Please help me in following project.
I want to automate some process in amibroker which at present I am doing in excel.
Please note my process and help me.
Step 1 at EOD I scan from my excel formula the market to find probable candidates to trade next day for intraday trading.
This EOD scan gives me bulliesh and bearish set ups with following three out puts.
a) Bullish/bearish level b) stop loss level and c) probable target level.
Step 2 now I want this to input to amibroker. How to do it? How can I plot these lines on amiboker
chart? How to reference these values in amiboker formulas?
Step 3 in amibroker I get first 15 min high and low values.( of current day). On the basis of this and the values I got from EOD I want to calculate RISK,REWARD and ENTER POINT. My entry point is 15 min high+0.01 % or EOD scan bulliesh level. And accordingly RISH is entry point stop loss level (EOD) and reward = Target(eod) entry point. I WANT ALL THIS VALUES TO DISPLAY ON MY INRADAY CHART.
Please help me to get method to input various EOD levels in amibroker and calculate and display entry point,risk and reward in amibroker chart.
Thanking you all in advance.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

sudris

Dear afl experts and seniours,
Please help me in following project.
I want to automate some process in amibroker which at present I am doing in excel.
Please note my process and help me.
Step 1 at EOD I scan from my excel formula the market to find probable candidates to trade next day for intraday trading.
This EOD scan gives me bulliesh and bearish set ups with following three out puts.
a) Bullish/bearish level b) stop loss level and c) probable target level.
Step 2 now I want this to input to amibroker. How to do it? How can I plot these lines on amiboker
chart? How to reference these values in amiboker formulas?
Step 3 in amibroker I get first 15 min high and low values.( of current day). On the basis of this and the values I got from EOD I want to calculate RISK,REWARD and ENTER POINT. My entry point is 15 min high+0.01 % or EOD scan bulliesh level. And accordingly RISH is entry point stop loss level (EOD) and reward = Target(eod) entry point. I WANT ALL THIS VALUES TO DISPLAY ON MY INRADAY CHART.
Please help me to get method to input various EOD levels in amibroker and calculate and display entry point,risk and reward in amibroker chart.
Thanking you all in advance.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
two ways to achieve this.
  1. convert your excel formula syntax to afl syntax and get away with excel completely
  2. save the values in a txt file and open this file programatically and parse it to get values.

you will need this below code to open the txt file
Code:
fh = fopen( "myfile.txt", "r");
read here for more

KelvinHand

For your Step 1:
- First find where and how the EXCEL Import the EOD data.
- If you can find out, then Amibroker "Import Wizard/Import Ascii/Import Metastock" come in handy.

Last edited: