Help Required: Stock Analysis using Excel

Consider a txt or XLS file containing a list of stock names.
Is there a way to populate data in this sheet. I need columns like Market cap, 1 and 3 year returns, PE ratio etc.

One method is to get external data for each of the stock and extract the columns. But this is too time consuming considering there could be 350 scrips in the list. Is there a ready made list like this available somewhere?

You'll need to write a simple VBA code patch.

Sample code / videos available via google search. You'll just need to tweak them aournd. For instance, check out a you tube video called Excel VBA Data Pull From a Website.

Or you can get it done from a freelance programmer from any of freelancing websites. Fairly simple code. Might cost you a couple of hundred bucks or a little more, if you keep the requirements simple.

I found something called Awesome BSEXL which serves my purpose. But the data is 3 years old. Have asked the author if he has a new version available.

SavantGarde

http://www.traderji.com/fundamental-analysis/11898-basic-fundas-all-cos-1-excel-sheet.html

Consider a txt or XLS file containing a list of stock names.
Is there a way to populate data in this sheet. I need columns like Market cap, 1 and 3 year returns, PE ratio etc.

One method is to get external data for each of the stock and extract the columns. But this is too time consuming considering there could be 350 scrips in the list. Is there a ready made list like this available somewhere?

saivenkat

SG bro.. Thanks for taking time and sharing us the link from the very very old thread...

But as i checked it... only error message pops up.. no file found..