Help Required Spilts/Bonus and Mergers

mama

Hi Friends,

I don't know how to adjust spilt and merger in amibroker for example "Jindal Steel and Power " was spilt in to 5:1 ratio on 14/9/09 . i am unable to find out the way for its chart adjustment can any one help me out in this.

Regards,

CallmeMachoman

asnavale

Hi Friends,

I don't know how to adjust spilt and merger in amibroker for example "Jindal Steel and Power " was spilt in to 5:1 ratio on 14/9/09 . i am unable to find out the way for its chart adjustment can any one help me out in this.

Regards,

CallmeMachoman
Hi Mama,

When the chart of JINDALSTEEL is displayed, click on Symbol in the top menu bar and click on Split. You will get a dialog box which shows a date and ratio of split. If the date and ratio are correct then just accept it apply the split. If the date is earlier than actual split date, click 'Next' button till you get the desired date. Otherwise enter the date manually. In the split ratio box enter the ratio in the form X:Y where X is the number of shares you get for Y shares existing. In case of Jindal it is 5:1. This will automatically adjust the split.

-Anant

mama

Hi Mama,

When the chart of JINDALSTEEL is displayed, click on Symbol in the top menu bar and click on Split. You will get a dialog box which shows a date and ratio of split. If the date and ratio are correct then just accept it apply the split. If the date is earlier than actual split date, click 'Next' button till you get the desired date. Otherwise enter the date manually. In the split ratio box enter the ratio in the form X:Y where X is the number of shares you get for Y shares existing. In case of Jindal it is 5:1. This will automatically adjust the split.

-Anant
thanx veru much dear its done but when i was trying it our earlier unable to adjust thanx very much for your guidance.

regards,
mama

Hi Mama,

-Anant
dear all,

is it possible performing the above procedure using AFL?

Otherwise I need to do it everytime I load quotations (I use EOD data end I'm a trial user).

I would like, as well, editing/correcting some quotations by AFL. is it possible? It is so tedious editing them every time I connect and load quotations.

If it is not possible, may you please suggest how can I by-pass the mistaken quotation running a backtest?

thank you

Cippo

Last edited:
The only way to have updated data from members.
what do you think about recognising the symbol and by-passing the mistaken quotation or just quit the backtest for that symbot when the mistaken quotation is reached?

something like this:
if (barindex = 1000 and symbol = msn) quit

or

if (barindex = 1000) sell
if (barindex >1005) start again backtest

Trady

Hi,

Yes you can skip using an AFL but the back testing results might not be so accurate.

How do you skip? Think about a symbol which was trading at Rs.100/- before a Bonus issue and Rs.50/- after the Bonus Issue?

So, I think the better idea is to adjust your data for all the bonus and split issues. I have been doing so since the beginning of my trading.

Regards,

Trady