help required in Pricing of EOD Analysis Software

Hello Every One

I am Ved Narayan From Banglore Working in one the top most IT Company of India

I have devloped an EOD charting and Analysis software , but I don't know much about market and marketing of such software, So required help of you People in Deciding Pricing of this Software, If possible I want to keep it lowest among available Software because I don't have much Manufactring cost for this.

Features of This Software

1) Graphs with most famous 33 Tech Indicators

2) Candlestick Scanner

3) Automatic Pivot Calculator (By Automatic means it will will take values from eod data)

4) Dma Analysis Tools

5) Query on MACD and RSI

6) Portfolio Application

7) Gainers / Looser List with volumes filter

8) 10 days average quantity of every stock

9) Past data and Daily EOD of NSE will be provided from my side.

SInce i have devlop this software so I am able to all things good in my software, but wanted view from your side about pricing.

I know its tough for u to decide Price without seeing Software, its in last stage and will be ready in one week once i got a fair bit of Idea that whether it is suitable and profitable :) to launch this software .

I have kept tag of some where between 4000 -5000 for this software on yearly basis but not final. coz i don't know much about other Indian Products.

Can u people tell me is this price range is fair rnough or i have qouted it too much expensive and please tell me at what rates this type of software available at this moment.

Thanks to all , Well in Advance

Ved Narayan

oxusmorouz

Hello Every One

I am Ved Narayan From Banglore Working in one the top most IT Company of India

I have devloped an EOD charting and Analysis software , but I don't know much about market and marketing of such software, So required help of you People in Deciding Pricing of this Software, If possible I want to keep it lowest among available Software because I don't have much Manufactring cost for this.

Features of This Software

1) Graphs with most famous 33 Tech Indicators

2) Candlestick Scanner

3) Automatic Pivot Calculator (By Automatic means it will will take values from eod data)

4) Dma Analysis Tools

5) Query on MACD and RSI

6) Portfolio Application

7) Gainers / Looser List with volumes filter

8) 10 days average quantity of every stock

9) Past data and Daily EOD of NSE will be provided from my side.

SInce i have devlop this software so I am able to all things good in my software, but wanted view from your side about pricing.

I know its tough for u to decide Price without seeing Software, its in last stage and will be ready in one week once i got a fair bit of Idea that whether it is suitable and profitable :) to launch this software .

I have kept tag of some where between 4000 -5000 for this software on yearly basis but not final. coz i don't know much about other Indian Products.

Can u people tell me is this price range is fair rnough or i have qouted it too much expensive and please tell me at what rates this type of software available at this moment.
Not more than Rs.1,000. There's amibroker standard version which costs about Rs.8,000 and also includes it's own programming language for creating custom indicators, writing strategies, portfolio level back testing, optimization, integration with excel + has a large user base for support. I understand the effort required to create a software and I'm not under estimating your software or trying to make it look inferior, but one looks a lot better bet than the other. To price more, there must be more features :)
Good luck!

Every Indian Software developer wants Minimum Rs 4000/- for his pakage, just like IBM were charging $3000 for DOS until Bill Gates entered the scene and not only created history but also sealed IBM'S fate in software.

EODSOFT'S pricing will sell only a handful of copies that too to pirates. In a week the same will be available for Rs 100/- and will reach everyone in the stock market. Try pricing at not above Rs 500/- ( with on-line support) and rake in money. You will go to the bank laughing all the way. I appreciate your work but this is common sense business in India.

VPS

oxusmorouz

dear ved,

most technical analysis sofware vendors provide it free of cost for the first year ,e.g.investar,then turn that in to annual subscription model . There are umpteen eod chart providers who do it free of cost like indiabulls , icharts etc..Add to that most of the brokerages themselves provide eod + realtime chart. Like what oxy pointed out pricing depends upon the value addition you can bring vis a vis the products already available in the market.IF you can give a realtime product with back-testing and scanning facilities at the right price point then you will find enough takers among the trading community.

Every Indian Software developer wants Minimum Rs 4000/- for his pakage, just like IBM were charging $3000 for DOS until Bill Gates entered the scene and not only created history but also sealed IBM'S fate in software.

EODSOFT'S pricing will sell only a handful of copies that too to pirates. In a week the same will be available for Rs 100/- and will reach everyone in the stock market. Try pricing at not above Rs 500/- ( with on-line support) and rake in money. You will go to the bank laughing all the way. I appreciate your work but this is common sense business in India.

VPS

I think u are rightly said about business strategy in India, Selling a software @ 500 is not a big deal , only problem comes in support at this rate. Can u tell me is their any software availabe less than 3000 in India with online Support.

I made a search on google and found no software is availble less than 3000, And if i sell even around 1000 , then will it not be negative for me coz every one will say why cheap , it may not be worth to buy.

But I really appreciate ur business sense , asking this to make it more clear

Ved Narayan

dear ved,

most technical analysis sofware vendors provide it free of cost for the first year ,e.g.investar,then turn that in to annual subscription model . There are umpteen eod chart providers who do it free of cost like indiabulls , icharts etc..Add to that most of the brokerages themselves provide eod + realtime chart. Like what oxy pointed out pricing depends upon the value addition you can bring vis a vis the products already available in the market.IF you can give a realtime product with back-testing and scanning facilities at the right price point then you will find enough takers among the trading community.

Boss Analysis software is not just about charting , what icharts or indiabulls provide, it about analysis on data and building queries upon that for example buy when MACD is above Zero and above its 9 EMA and then concate it buy when satisfy prev. MACD cirteria + whenever cross of 20 SMA -50 SMA happens

No broker software or Indiabulls or Icharts provides this type of analysis for this have to buy tech analysis software

I made a search on google and found no software is availble less than 3000, And if i sell even around 1000 , then will it not be negative for me coz every one will say why cheap , it may not be worth to buy.

Ved Narayan
No its not like that , what oxusmorouz is priced is right in my view and its not like people will not buy saying that it is not worth .

Their is one software already in market at this price tag and having more features than urs at a price tag of just RS. 999 .
And this software is selling like a hot cake.

In India trader s either like software with very resonable rates or much powerful software lkes Metastock and amibroker.

So either u make a much powerful software like metastock or amibroker of charge less than only able to create market for ur software