help plotting another volume line

I need help to plot another volume ema period with 10.

when I view the weekly chart, I would like to see the volume ema with 10 for the volume. How do I do that?

the only thing I saw was under indicator setting and I dont want to modify that every time.

I would like to see both lines for 50 and 10 period with the volume histogram

ultimate goal: Volume chart showing the volume for each trading period, plus a line of moving average 50 plus a line of moving average 10.

please help

Last edited:
Use a User Defined Indicator' (UDI for short) ... (Right click on main chart)

In it put ... EMA V, 10 and click "Show on main chart" and "Force to scale" .

You can have any number of EMA lines then.

Thank you

I tried this before but it didnt do anything.

see attached picture, I've highlighted where I want to see the line. any other tips would be grateful.

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/volumew.jpg/

Use a User Defined Indicator' (UDI for short) ... (Right click on main chart)

In it put ... EMA V, 10 and click "Show on main chart" and "Force to scale" .

You can have any number of EMA lines then.

Last edited:
I tried this before but it didnt do anything. see attached picture, http://img687.imageshack.us/i/volumew.jpg/
For FCharts ver. 1.5.x, the lower charts can not have overlays. Those the the Pro version can have 6 lower charts and plot the UDI in one of them.

I don't recall seeing any reference the overlays on lower charts in FCharts2. email the owner, "Simon Haynes" <[email protected]> .

I think you will get a similar answer.

I have the pro version and i can draw the indicator that i want in a seperate chart below the volume chart...but thats not what i want....it is sad now that I know I cant do it on the same volume chart. but thanks anyway.
For FCharts ver. 1.5.x, the lower charts can not have overlays. Those the the Pro version can have 6 lower charts and plot the UDI in one of them.

I don't recall seeing any reference the overlays on lower charts in FCharts2. email the owner, "Simon Haynes" <[email protected]> .

I think you will get a similar answer.

Last edited: