Help: Nifty Futures Accouting Query

Hello anyone...and everyone..

Could you help me with understanding the Accounting funda of how my brokerage has accounted my trade list... here is the attached file...

specifically what I want to know is that the Net Amount shows a negative of over one lakh :confused: and i don't know what that means...does it mean that I owe the brokerage that much?!!!

Would be grateful for your help guys...I am actually very tense about this...I mean i just started this week....and am already in a loss...but i thought the loss is only equal to the no.of points on the Nifty Futures * Rs.50?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

Last edited:

vishalalluri

Could you help me with understanding the Accounting funda of how my brokerage has accounted my trade list... here is the attached file...

specifically what I want to know is that the Net Amount shows a negative of over one lakh :confused: and i don't know what that means...does it mean that I owe the brokerage that much?!!!

Would be grateful for your help guys...I am actually very tense about this...I mean i just started this week....and am already in a loss...but i thought the loss is only equal to the no.of points on the Nifty Futures * Rs.50?

Thank you in advance
wers is the attachment i think u missed it

vishalalluri

thanks vishal...

i have attached it now...
no dude thts not the brokerage

today nifty closed at 4808 so its showing like dat

once nifty reaches back to 4849 levels it will turn positive

im not good at calculations of nifty futures myself so im not thte right person to answer :)

nareshch

Thank you in advance
For the Nifty fut contract , you paid around Rs25 /- for brokerage and other charges . The negative value of 1lakh plus is the net total amount you bought .

Naresh

hills_5000

The contract value is 1 lakh plus ..... BUT you have picked up a future in Mini Nifty ..where you pay only margin ....hence ... all that is deducted / locked up is the margin amount ... and then daily there will be a M to M ..depending on whether the closing value ....which will be debited / credited to you @ T + 1...

Hence , you are not in a debt of 1 lakh plus....so chill...:)

Read up at the NSE website or your broker learning forum before you get into derivatives so that you know what all to expect before you trade...

For the Nifty fut contract , you paid around Rs25 /- for brokerage and other charges . The negative value of 1lakh plus is the net total amount you bought .

Naresh

Thank you Naresh...

So i don't OWE this 1 lakh to the Broker do I? And basically what it means is that I am down some Rs4100+ (i.e. 97000 - 101,354) and if I sell it at the current price, I will OWE the broker this much money. or is it that I will owe the exchange this much money and the broker will transfer it to the exchange from my account.

Just trying to clarify...