Help needed to solve range bar problem

If you guys have noticed, you will find that amibroker charts the range bars differently from ninjatrader.

Here is what I mean.

Lets say I fix the range to 5.

And the stock moves from Rs.100 to Rs. 105 and the next tick after that is Rs.104.

This means that the stock is still within the 5 rupee range.

In amibroker a new bar starts immediately after 105 is hit. Meaning a new bar is started with 104 as the opening price.

Where as in NT, a new bar starts only after a 105 price is crossed. meaning if the price is 105.01 or more then a new bar starts.

And the way NT does it is the correct way to plot range bars.

Is there any indicator for ami to plot the range bars correctly.

jlmalhotra

You need tick data for range charts and backfill needs to be done in tick format too. Suggest you use Volumedigger Odinfeeder to backfill in tick.
Though he has closed down his website you can request him for that.

Also if in case you use rangebars I suggest you use MultichartsDT. A free software you can feed with ManshiRT. You can choose different ranges for different symbols and much more.
If you want I can help you with MultichartsDT or Multicharts

5.10???? That's older than old. Is this a cracked version from warez sites?

Other than that you need tick data and use most recent version 5.50.

On the amibroker site... the latest version available is 5.4... and yes i know tick data is required.

but does 5.4 have a solution to this problem?? Do anybody of you know about it first hand.

On the amibroker site... the latest version available is 5.4... and yes i know tick data is required.

but does 5.4 have a solution to this problem?? Do anybody of you know about it first hand.
If you would have bought Amibroker you would know that there is a devlog version 5.5 that is near to final release. So I doubt that you have bought Amibroker but rather using a cracked older version.

ayush2020

You need tick data for range charts and backfill needs to be done in tick format too. Suggest you use Volumedigger Odinfeeder to backfill in tick.
Though he has closed down his website you can request him for that.

Also if in case you use rangebars I suggest you use MultichartsDT. A free software you can feed with ManshiRT. You can choose different ranges for different symbols and much more.
If you want I can help you with MultichartsDT or Multicharts
what is this multi charts ?? can we know the range bound ??