Help needed: Share price crashed overnight ?

Hi all. I am a new trader.

I bought 828 shares of Sujana Towers via HDFC securities for 17.28 Rs.

For the last few days the current price in my positions tab showed the share price correctly.

Then all of a sudden it started showing the current share price as worth 6 Rs.

If you look at moneycontrol or NSE's websites, you will see that the actual share price is worth 25 Rs.

Why is my HDFC securities position showing the wrong share price as its current share price ?

In my demat balance though it shows that I have 828 shares of suj towers and each share is worth 25 Rs.

I am worried about my positions tab. I dont know why it shows 6.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ram2010

For the last few days the current price in my positions tab showed the share price correctly.

If you look at moneycontrol or NSE's websites, you will see that the actual share price is worth 25 Rs.

Why is my HDFC securities position showing the wrong share price as its current share price ?

In my demat balance though it shows that I have 828 shares of suj towers and each share is worth 25 Rs.

Price at nse web page is correct.

Anyway contact hdfc securities and clear your doubt.It may be software error.

TradeOptions

If your HDFC Demat account shows that you have 828 shares of suj towers and the NSE website shows its price at Rs 25, then everything is fine and you will be able to sell your shares any time according to the latest price at NSE at that time. So do not worry about Rs 6 issue in that sense.

Although it would be wise to contact HDFC about this software error as mentioned by ram2010

Although it would be wise to contact HDFC about this software error as mentioned by ram2010
Price at nse web page is correct.

Anyway contact hdfc securities and clear your doubt.It may be software error.

Thanks you two, indeed it was a software glitch :clap: . I logged in this morning and the current value of the share in the positions tab reverted back to its current value of Rs 26.

Have you two ever had software glitches or faulty things occur ? I am new and it is very shocking for me to know how something so serious and needing of perfection to save potential heart attacks could have fault.

TradeOptions

Thanks you two, indeed it was a software glitch :clap: . I logged in this morning and the current value of the share in the positions tab reverted back to its current value of Rs 26.

Have you two ever had software glitches or faulty things occur ? I am new and it is very shocking for me to know how something so serious and needing of perfection to save potential heart attacks could have fault.
Glad, that the software is showing correct values now. Glitches are part of this game and they do happen sometimes, not in just small retail trader level software, but even in the big guns like NSE and NASDAQ etc. They are rare, but still they do happen. Nothing is 100 % perfect out there. Sometimes a fat finger trade from one big guy can cause big losses to thousands of small traders in a flash of a second. But one has to accept such risks, if one steps in into the stock markets. After all it is not the typical bank fixed deposit kind of environment.

So please do not be shocked when you see such price discrepancy next time.

Thanks and regards