Help Needed on Reliance Demerger

Hi All,

I need some update on Reliance Demerger.

What does the RIL shareholder get? I am quoting the following from a article posted in Rediff.

The Reliance shareholder will continue to hold the same number of shares he holds today. In addition, he would receive additional shares of the new demerged entities, as per the demerger ratio.

All RIL shareholders will be issued shares of the demerged companies in a 1:1 ratio. So if a shareholder holds 100 Reliance Industries shares he would get:

100 shares of Reliance Communications Ventures Ltd, 100 shares of Reliance Energy Ventures Ltd (REVL), 100 shares of Reliance Capital Ventures Ltd (RECL) and 100 shares of Global Fuel Management Services Ltd.

With REVL being amalgamation with Reliance Energy and RECL with Reliance Capital -- following a board decision -- RIL shareholders will thus receive shares of REL and Reliance Capital based on an earlier approved independent swap ratio.

The ratio approved is 7.5 shares of Reliance Energy for 100 shares of REVL held and 5 shares of Reliance Capital for 100 shares of RECL held.
Now My concerns are following (I had 18 RIL shares prior to demerger):

1. How many shares should I have now (I recieved 18 shares of Reliance Communications Ventures Ltd, 18 shares of Reliance Capital Ventures Ltd, 18 shares of Reliance Energy Ventures Ltd and 18 shares of Reliance Natural Resources Limited)?

2. Do I still hold the 18 RIL shares or are they now invalid?

3. Do I get any shares of Global Fuel Management Services Ltd.?

4. Do I get any shares of Reliance Energy and Reliance Capital?

Kindly Help.

Regards,
Sanjoy

For benefit of all my members I am giving the scenario of what a share holder will eventually have if one buys Reliance Shares before cut of date of Jan 17th.

If one buys 40 shares of Reliance now, he will be holding the following shares eventually.

40 Shares of Reliance
3 Shares of Reliance Energy ( Swap Ratio is 7.5 : 100 )
2 Shares of Reliance Capital ( Swap Ratio is 5 : 100 )
40 Shares of Reliance Infocomm
40 Shares of Global Fuel Management Services. ( Face Value 5 Rs.)

If you buy below 40 shares of Reliance you may get rounding off problem and I am not sure if that odd ratio will be converted to a single share or not.

Buy in Multiples of 40 to avoid the conversion problem and losing a share of other stocks.

Example if you have 100 shares of Reliance add 20 shares now so that it will become multiple of 40.

I hope this gives good info of Reliance Shares with Merger and Demerger.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Note - Now in this post demerger scenario you wont get any benefit if you buy RIL now.

nkpanjiyar said:
For benefit of all my members I am giving the scenario of what a share holder will eventually have if one buys Reliance Shares before cut of date of Jan 17th.

If one buys 40 shares of Reliance now, he will be holding the following shares eventually.

40 Shares of Reliance
3 Shares of Reliance Energy ( Swap Ratio is 7.5 : 100 )
2 Shares of Reliance Capital ( Swap Ratio is 5 : 100 )
40 Shares of Reliance Infocomm
40 Shares of Global Fuel Management Services. ( Face Value 5 Rs.)

If you buy below 40 shares of Reliance you may get rounding off problem and I am not sure if that odd ratio will be converted to a single share or not.

Buy in Multiples of 40 to avoid the conversion problem and losing a share of other stocks.

Example if you have 100 shares of Reliance add 20 shares now so that it will become multiple of 40.

I hope this gives good info of Reliance Shares with Merger and Demerger.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Note - Now in this post demerger scenario you wont get any benefit if you buy RIL now.

Is cut off date 17 Jan or 17 Feb