Help needed for algo trading

Hello,

I need some help with the members who are already using algo trading.

I have a strategy, which I am using reasonable well for day trading. However, it involves a lot of punching orders, and as such, manual order entry is prone to errors. Hence I want to get my strategy automated. I have no idea whatsoever about coding, or computer languages.

I would really appreciate if any senior member here would help me out with this regard.

mechtrader

Hi,

First of all it is not advised to automate and run strategies without backtesting them on historical data.
I understand that it might be working well, but you need to see how it has performed over the years.
My advice would be backtest it on any platform of your choice first and then think of taking the next step.

Thanks,
MT

Thanks for replying Mech, Yes I do understand that it may be hazardous to trade live without checking the errors.

Back test them?

Maybe it means coding the strategy, then using historical data on the strategy to check whether it is working or not, right?

Doesn't that mean that I will have to first do the coding ( or whatever it takes to go auto ) Need help on exactly how it is to be done.

pkgmtnl

Hello,

I need some help with the members who are already using algo trading.

I have a strategy, which I am using reasonable well for day trading. However, it involves a lot of punching orders, and as such, manual order entry is prone to errors. Hence I want to get my strategy automated. I have no idea whatsoever about coding, or computer languages.

I would really appreciate if any senior member here would help me out with this regard.
a) Open an Account with a Broker with fixed Brokerage for unlimited trading like MyValueTrade;
b) Get a Trading Terminal like NEST / NOW / ODIN. The Trading Terminal NEST is preferred;
c) Install AMIBROKER+ Strategy+Real Time Data;
d) Buy a AUTO TRADING Plugin ;
e) Run (b) , (c) , (d) either on PC or VPS for 24x7 ;

Thats it.

mt4trader

for testing auto trade is best ninjatrader.
first learn ninja trader from the thread in this forum basics of ninjatrader.

backfill the 60 days data. some people say test years of data no use. markets are not same every month

if you want test strategy there is third party software for ninjatrader no coding is required and free to test.

download and install bloodhound and it is free software, you can run backtest.
after learning you can prepare strategy within 20 mnts.

do not go for amibroker for auto trading most unstable software god only knows when its database corrupts (this is my experience amibroker lovers please forgive me )
this is my experience with ninjatrader amibroker metastock and mt4
others may have different experience

my last advice there is no algo in the world gives consistence profits
if any thing like that he will be richest man in the world.

a) Open an Account with a Broker with fixed Brokerage for unlimited trading like MyValueTrade;
b) Get a Trading Terminal like NEST / NOW / ODIN. The Trading Terminal NEST is preferred;
c) Install AMIBROKER+ Strategy+Real Time Data;
d) Buy a AUTO TRADING Plugin ;
e) Run (b) , (c) , (d) either on PC or VPS for 24x7 ;

Thats it.

a - open account - done

b - Trading terminal - I have ODIN DIET as of now

c - stuck here, I believe strategy has to be written somewhere here on a language which is compatible with amibroker. Will I have to learn some language? Any self help link or book available for the same?/

for testing auto trade is best ninjatrader.
first learn ninja trader from the thread in this forum basics of ninjatrader.

backfill the 60 days data. some people say test years of data no use. markets are not same every month

if you want test strategy there is third party software for ninjatrader no coding is required and free to test.

download and install bloodhound and it is free software, you can run backtest.
after learning you can prepare strategy within 20 mnts.

do not go for amibroker for auto trading most unstable software god only knows when its database corrupts (this is my experience amibroker lovers please forgive me )
this is my experience with ninjatrader amibroker metastock and mt4
others may have different experience

my last advice there is no algo in the world gives consistence profits
if any thing like that he will be richest man in the world

Thaks for that, I believe this should help. Will learn more about ninja.

As for my strategy, you are very right. It works only on volatile days, does not work in range bound market. There is no perfect algo. But by careful stock selection, the percentage of wins over losses can be increased. The ultimate goal is a net green at the end of the day.

Write down your strategy very clearly with entry, exit, stop loss, position sizing and other parameters. Identify the filter conditions.

Try to write the sentences In if then conditions

Also capture few snapshots of the market, utilizing the strategy

Once documented, find a coder to write the strategy. You will be the best tester of if strategy is coded properly to capture the trades.

Back testing is easy if your coding was write. Difficult part is testing and refining

mt4trader

this is simple bollinger band strategy in ninjatrader

adding different solvers and node graphically.
we make strategy without writing any code within 10 or 20 mnts we can make
this is only simple one. we can add complex condition latter.

if members have any ideas tell me i will build strategy and backtest it and give you the results

bpr

this is simple bollinger band strategy in ninjatrader

adding different solvers and node graphically.
we make strategy without writing any code within 10 or 20 mnts we can make
this is only simple one. we can add complex condition latter.

if members have any ideas tell me i will build strategy and backtest it and give you the results
Is this the new NT 8.

Did u get the beta?

Looks nice.