help me please

hello everybody i am new to share market.anyone knows how to make money in down market like what is short selling with example, nifty put and call option etc.
please someone help me as i lost too much money this market i am using icicidirect as broker.

hello everybody i am new to share market.anyone knows how to make money in down market like what is short selling with example, nifty put and call option etc.
please someone help me as i lost too much money this market i am using icicidirect as broker.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Take a six month vacation from trading. Read some books on trading. Learn the basics of the market. Find a good strategy. Backtest it and it is profitable in backtesting then only start trading again.

There are many good threads on this website. During six months go through them one by one, understand different strategies and adopt and adapt them as per your need.

There is no short cuts. No one is going to get you out of this mess. You have to be smart and professional trader to make money. Dont give money to tipsters. Take more time to learn if you need but don't trade till you master a strategy or your will lose more and more and still more.

All the Best

Mr.G

Your a genius man! Your using options even before you have learnt how to trade. You will be the richest guy on this board in no time.

Giraffe

Please dear, Stay away from Futures and Options until you learn the basics.
Don't be tricked by the low price of options, they are highly leveraged entities.

Stick with the cash scrips during learning phase.
And start trading with a small amount.

Tlahuicole

Sorry about your loss brother, but you have to get well versed with atleast basic terms like short sell, circuit breaker like these before stepping again. Please google to find basic info on trading and then go for books which will help in next step.

bunny

Buddy, the most basic step is to know which type of the market you are in.

>> Trending market - Either trending up or trending down

>> Range-bound market

If you put your money in a range-bound market, you are much more likely to lose money. While if you put your money in a trending market, you are much *much* more likely to make money! Losses may be temporary but eventually will be soaked in by the trending market.

But you have to be careful of not to get caught at the 'top' or 'bottom' after a false breakout. And this requires some real genuine skill, which is not readily available! Get this one piece right and you will make more money than any other thing may generate!

Mr.G

Buddy, the most basic step is to know which type of the market you are in.

>> Trending market - Either trending up or trending down

>> Range-bound market

If you put your money in a range-bound market, you are much more likely to lose money. While if you put your money in a trending market, you are much *much* more likely to make money! Losses may be temporary but eventually will be soaked in by the trending market.

But you have to be careful of not to get caught at the 'top' or 'bottom' after a false breakout. And this requires some real genuine skill, which is not readily available! Get this one piece right and you will make more money than any other thing may generate!
How do you guys see if it is range bound or trending market?

bunny

How do you guys see if it is range bound or trending market?
By checking the weekly and daily charts. In formula-based technical analysis, there one indicator I know is called ADX but I do not use any of the my analysis. Neither do I use any of the other mathematical formula based indicators such as MA(E,S, etc), Stoch, MACD, OBV, etc.

The rationale behind going with the trend is that the main trend(which is seen on longer time-frame chart such as weekly, monthly, etc), whether uptrend or downtrend, will continue for longer than we think. Main trend reversals are rare events. Only retracements (reactions) are common. So as long as you are with the main trend, you can worry lesser if you get caught in a retracement. If you still want to make it better, that will call for a whole entry/exit timing funda.

Sidhi baat no bakawas............How much capital do you have?..........second change your broker..........3rd......achanak gayab mat ho jana..........keep in touch.........will try to recover your money........just chill and relax.......:thumb: