Help in selecting mutual funds

Re: I am beginner to MFs

I have been investing in Reliance Mutual Growth Fund (SIP), But I do not know about MF i.e. when shall I get my matured amount, how can I top up my amount and how long I have to keep my money to them to get good profit.

hi,

my suggestions in order of preference:
sundaram select midcap
hdfc top 200
hdfc equity

Above 3 funds are have good track record and can expect the same in the coming years

but for this year the following funds will give you more returns(but dont have good track record....risky but still my favourites)

pru icici technology
tata infrastructure
sundaram capex
reliance power
PRU ICICI FMCG

[Please note : none of the funds i have mentioned are tax saving funds]

happy investing

MF suggestions

Hi,,

am new to investing in MFs.. have identified the following; can anyone pls suggest if these are good -

1. Franklin Templeton Blue Chip Growth
2. Prudential ICICI Infrastructure Fund-Growth
3. Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Growth
4. Reliance Diversified Power Sector Fund-Growth-Growth

Planning to do a SIP in each of these... is this advisable. Am i focussing on few segments alone?

milind

Re: MF suggestions

I would skip sector specific funds. Look for the funds which have good history through both bull and bear markets. Also consider how long the manager has been around. Reliance Growth, Franklin Prima/Plus, Sundaram Select Midcap, HDFC Equity are some of the good ones to look at.

Value Research is a good source of information on mutual funds.

-- Milind

hai leya
index funds are funds that seek to mirror general stock market perfformance by matching its portfolio to a broadbased index generally nifty, sensex midcap index etc.

New to this area - want to know about MF

Hi,

I am nallani, I am very new to MF. I dont know how it helps me,

I am salaried employee drawing 30K/month. Can any one guide me, how to invest, where to invest, how to know which one is best.

Correct me, If I should not ask like this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
nallani.

Re: New to this area - want to know about MF

since u r a salaried person SIP is best option for u. in sip u invest a particular amount every month subject to a minimum of 500 rs , if u r risk appetite is less and u dont have time to follow stock market day to day mutual fund is the best option. for more visit sites of AMFI, SBI MF , HDFC MF, TATA MF etc .investing in mf is very easy its a good invst option too .

Mutual Fund Investment

Hi Everyone

May I request you to advise me top 5 mutual funds that involves high risk and high returns. I need invest now and also advise if is the right time to invest in MF.

Thanks and Best Regards
Manjusha