Help in selecting mutual funds

First time investot Suggest SIP plz

I want to make a start with SIP of Rs. 1000 PM.

Please Suggest
--Which MF to be trusted
----Duration of investemnt
----Precaution on this move

Thanks

Re: First time investot Suggest SIP plz

hi Kumar,

It depends upon ur requirement if u want to save tax u can invest in any of the best tax saving fund like, Birla tax relief, magnum, franklin.

If u r not looking for tax relief u can invest in any of the diversified or balance fund like Reliance Growth fund, Reliance Vision fund, Franklin templeton opportunities fund, Sundaram Mid cap fund.

I would suggest u go for a growth fund instead of Dividend. Also duration should be 3 years if possible otherwise 1 year it depends upon ur age. If u r young invest right now & go for a longer tenure which will fetch a lot in the coming years.

Geetha.

Hi Kumar,

The question in the first place is a good sign.You have taken your first step.SIP is an good approach investing in MF.
Regarding the suggestion on MF's it depends upon the objective of investment ,the duration of investment and age.

1 yr Duration :
Go for Short term Debt Funds and liquid Funds which has less Expenses Ratio and good track record

3-5 yrs Duration:
Equity Fund & Diversified:
HDFC Equity,SUNDARAM MID-CAP,MAgnum Contra
Balanced Fund:
HDFC Prudance

This is juz my suggestion.

hi Kumar,

It depends upon ur requirement if u want to save tax u can invest in any of the best tax saving fund like, Birla tax relief, magnum, franklin.

If u r not looking for tax relief u can invest in any of the diversified or balance fund like Reliance Growth fund, Reliance Vision fund, Franklin templeton opportunities fund, Sundaram Mid cap fund.

I would suggest u go for a growth fund instead of Dividend. Also duration should be 3 years if possible otherwise 1 year it depends upon ur age. If u r young invest right now & go for a longer tenure which will fetch a lot in the coming years.

Geetha.
Hello friend,
Can u tell me what is the difference in Growth fund & Divident fund? Whats ths exact meaning of this.
pls reply me.
I am a new investor & I also start one SIP of 500 Rs. P.M.

Thank you,

Vivek

suggest a good SIP

Hi friends,
I am suresh and I am vert new to this Mutual Funds. I want to start investing in MFs. So please suggest a good SIP for me and also give me info. about how to invest?
Suresh,
Andhra Pradesh

Re: suggest a good SIP

go for any one of these: My preference order

1) HDFC Equity (Growth)
2) SBI Magnum ( Growth)
3) Reliance Equity (G)

The best way to invest through SIP is through any DEMAT account or else you can directly contact the Fund house and give post dated cheques.

Regards
Nitin

I am beginner to MFs

Hi Friends,
This forum is very much useful for beginners in Mutual Funds like me.
I want to start investing Reliance MF monthly Rs 1000/-. Please suggest a best SIP scheme.
And also I want to invest a fixed amount Rs 5000/- Growth Plans. So plz suggest best MF.
Which is better to invest? a NFO or already existing Open ended fund?

Suresh,
AP

Re: I am beginner to MFs

Hi Dears
Please anyone can explain what is the INDEX FUND ?
wich Mutual Fund is investing in Day Trading ?

Hope i will get clear answer

Thanks