hello to all the genius traders out there

Hello Gurus,

My name is Namita and I am really new to this forum. I would like to learn more about the Indian financial market and also learn the art of trading like everyone of you.

I am currently pursuing my bachelors of engineering from Mumbai and would graduate this year.

I see a lot of information on this website but really confused as to which ones to refer to. Could someone please help me with some useful links on traderji where I could learn some charts and also a few useful strategies.
Thank you so much in advance.

Hope to be a ' Guru ' someday....just like each one of you :)

Namita

Hello Gurus,

My name is Namita and I am really new to this forum. I would like to learn more about the Indian financial market and also learn the art of trading like everyone of you.

I am currently pursuing my bachelors of engineering from Mumbai and would graduate this year.

I see a lot of information on this website but really confused as to which ones to refer to. Could someone please help me with some useful links on traderji where I could learn some charts and also a few useful strategies.

Namita
gosh, no response to my post!!!
no one willing to help :-(

are there any active members anyways on this forum?

Namita

anuragmunjal

gosh, no response to my post!!!
no one willing to help :-(

are there any active members anyways on this forum?

Namita
hi Namita

welcome to the forum.
u see ur post was addressed to 'gurus'..and most of these self proclaimed gurus are found on tv and not in forums:)
for a good start go thru Saint's 'teach a man to fish'

regards

hi Namita

welcome to the forum.
u see ur post was addressed to 'gurus'..and most of these self proclaimed gurus are found on tv and not in forums:)
for a good start go thru Saint's 'teach a man to fish'

regards
Hello Anurag,
I liked your reply on the Guru part :) Instant Wit...
Anyways thanks for your reply.
I was searching for this book " Teach a man to fish " but could not find the full book online. Could you kindly send this book to me on nam_mishra@yah**.c**
Appreciate....

Namita

Hi Namita,
To get started you will need to take a look at some websites like investopedia which have some good lessons about the basics of stocks etc, you'll also need some books like 'Technical Analysis of Stock Trends: The Bible of Technical Analysis by Edwards & Magee' to get you started on some kind of structured regular reading and of-course you could also refer to TJ's forums for a huge amount of info.
All the best for your stock market adventures and your bachelors degree too.
Thanks to you as well Ravi..I have been a keen follower of the Indian markets for a while, so I am familiar with the terminologies. However trading is something which interests me a lot since people say thats a successful trader is the lord of the market.
Would need your valuable help in understanding the strategies that are currently used for trading in such a range bound market.

Namita

4xpipcounter

Namita, I wanted to first congratulate you on your accomplishment. I know you have worked hard in school to get your bachelors in engineering.

I am from the USA. I can assume your formal education is the same as it is here in the USA. That being the case, then the education you got from college will apply in the formal business world, but in order to become really good in trading, you will find that next to nothing you learned in college will apply. This is because rather than looking at PE ratios, dividends per share, yields, EPS, and etc, etc, you will now be training yourself to view the markets based on a simple set of indicators, or price action. What you are now about to embark upon is something that could not be taught in school, because if it could be taught in school, then the faculty, et al would be out doing it themselves because there is much more money that can be made here than being a professor in college.

I encourage your responses along these lines.

Hello Gurus,

Namita

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Hello Anurag,
I liked your reply on the Guru part :) Instant Wit...
Anyways thanks for your reply.
I was searching for this book " Teach a man to fish " but could not find the full book online. Could you kindly send this book to me on nam_mishra@yah**.c**
Appreciate....

Namita

Thanks to you as well Ravi..I have been a keen follower of the Indian markets for a while, so I am familiar with the terminologies. However trading is something which interests me a lot since people say thats a successful trader is the lord of the market.
Would need your valuable help in understanding the strategies that are currently used for trading in such a range bound market.

Namita
Hi, Its not a book (Teach a man to Fish...) but a thread here... you may however get the entire thread in PDF format done by some really helpful people out here!! Look for it.. I can post the link here, but belive me in your quest for it you may stumble upon a lot other interesting things on this Forum!!! All the best!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Welcome 0
B Introductions 2
R Introductions 0
T Introductions 0
N Introductions 0