Hello, How tough is to become successful trader?

gambler

Hello friends,

I am Ravi... and I am in stock market since last couple of years. Till date i have lost most of my hard earned money in stock market. I have no idea how can i recover my losses. It seems difficult for me to become a successful trader.

Can anyone show me right track to become a successful trader? please share your views!

Thanks n All d best!

linkon7

First thing u have to accept the fact that making money from the market consistently is not easy. Its easy to get a winning trade but getting consistent is a lot tougher than most people like to believe.

Most people think its all about getting a good system and then developing discipline to follow that system. Thats the second disappointment as execution is always poor and tendency is to fight the market. If market is up 100 points u want to short the market and u find reasons to short from the chart always on regular basis. Somehow they all hit sl.

It doesnt work that way. It never has and never will. Accepting uncertainty and getting rid of the need to be right all the time is the first sign of maturity. Thats a level when u realise how difficult things really are. Once u over come this phase, u realise the importance of market structure and listening to the market. What it wants to do and how good a job it is doing in trying to do what it wants to do... that's the first time u feel u are in sync with the market. Now your old system that gave continuous losses suddenly becomes a big win generator.

Its a long long journey. very few survive...! but totally worth the trouble and pain...!

gambler

Thanks Linkon7!

Can you please share your journey of success here. How long it took you to reach at current position and what difficulties you faced durgin your initial days of trading? I hope most of new traders and loosers like me will learn from your post.

Also let us know what errors should we avoid while trading that generally traders like me do?

Request all other senior members to reply. Hope we can have positive impact of your valuable posts on our trading!

Thanks!

First thing u have to accept the fact that making money from the market consistently is not easy. Its easy to get a winning trade but getting consistent is a lot tougher than most people like to believe.

Most people think its all about getting a good system and then developing discipline to follow that system. Thats the second disappointment as execution is always poor and tendency is to fight the market. If market is up 100 points u want to short the market and u find reasons to short from the chart always on regular basis. Somehow they all hit sl.

It doesnt work that way. It never has and never will. Accepting uncertainty and getting rid of the need to be right all the time is the first sign of maturity. Thats a level when u realise how difficult things really are. Once u over come this phase, u realise the importance of market structure and listening to the market. What it wants to do and how good a job it is doing in trying to do what it wants to do... that's the first time u feel u are in sync with the market. Now your old system that gave continuous losses suddenly becomes a big win generator.

Its a long long journey. very few survive...! but totally worth the trouble and pain...!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Welcome 0
B Introductions 2
R Introductions 0
T Introductions 0
N Introductions 0