Hello from The Starving Trader

Hello friends!

Going with the suggested intro format...

1) Your trading/investing experience.
The Starving Trader has formerly traded stocks, options, and futures in the US markets. After years of experimenting with price action and after suffering significant losses, he has managed to build the makings of a stable and logical routine. All this has taken lots of experience, perseverance, and guidance from a few highly capable individuals. So any newbies out there wanting to take a rookie dive into this world... think again, and think hard. Don't go spending Grandpa's pension payments on the stock market just yet. Understand first, that the only things that have kept The Starving Trader alive through all this are effective risk management and oodles of perseverance.
Naturally, his principles of trading apply to any market where the human emotions of greed and fear are the driving factors.

2) The number of years you have been investing or trading in the markets.
Please see answer to #1 above :)

3) Your area of interest - IPO's/secondary market/futures/options/commodities, etc.
Stocks on the NSE, Commodities on the MCX. Waiting to begin trading with NSE F&O starting May 11.

4) How do you make your trading decisions.
By using a rigid swing trading routine. More details may be found at The Starving Trader's blog - click on his profile.

5) How you discovered this forum.
Google!

Lastly, The Starving Trader will do a weekly post of the anticipated action in the market for select stocks and commodities for the coming week. If you'd like to get an idea of his routine you may visit his blog by clicking on his profile. He doesn't want to post a direct link here to show respect for the forum.

Happy trading! Look forward to interacting and learning on this forum.

Hi (the Famous) Starving Trader

I just visited ur blogspot, needless to say ur literature in English is quite good, i must say ur sarcasm with little bit of "pun" around is funny to read.

About me:- I am a Price Action Day trader trading highly liquid stocks like JP"ASS",
I"SEE" ICI Bank, IFCI, HDFC BANK, the great old man "Reliance Industries" and thier gang _"ADAG Stocks" and Inventor of world's affordable car Nano---"TATA MOTORS", Ocassionally i trade mininifty depeding on situations and sometimes ONGC

I started with some famous indicators; made some strategies and lost my half capital and so i try to do what u do
1. Support and Resistance
2. Breakout/downs
3. Consolidation retest patterns
4. Fibonnaci retracements (sometimes, if situation demands)
AND
5. Pullbacks in trends

I have not always succeded as my experience level on markets is quite low (just 3 months), but I am eager to learn and earn from ur swing trading rules ( as i am planning to start swing trading after May)

I hope I can be helpful in ur market accuracy predictions as i am going to ask u many questions about the above stocks and markets in this thread

AND yes, i am going to follow ur blog also

MEET U AT THE BLOG

KEVIN SHAH

MurAtt

Welcome to TJ - Starver.

Hope your stomach gets fillled here and u no longer be a Starving Trader, though I doubt this very much as we all know that stomach are as elastic as the Bollinger Bands !!!!

Another point I noted very curiosly was the date 11th May .. now why would one not start with a fresh series, new month etc and start at the middle of the trading week i.e. Wednesday ?? Astro ? Or maybe Gann ?? And u expect markets to bottom/top just a day or two around this date ....

wrt Your blog .. I would prefer you start a new thread here ... quote the same posts from your blog here. 2 advantages I see are
1. A backup copy .. nowadays stock/finance related blogs are closing faster than they are being updated (for the successful traders) .. someone does not want retailers making money at the expense of smart money :D
2. A lot of questions from newbies here would freshen up your rusted old brains :D :wink: and revv up your idle engine .... and also would lift a few of those newbies to standards they never thought they would achieve.

More laterz ... almost a rant now ... see more of you here .. :D

@ Kevin Shah: Thank you for your compliments regarding the humor and literature on the blog. I hope to keep up the standards in the future. Any feedback from you will always be taken in good stride, and, The Starving Trader hopes to provide you with clear, objective, and succinct advise.

@ Murtaza: Thanks for welcoming me to Trader Ji my friend! You are correct, in that the idea of The Starving Trader has a lot more to do with humor and the reality of struggling as a trader than with really starving to death :) As far as starting the thread in the middle of the week/month is concerned it is purely random - The Starving Trader aspires not to bring Astrological forecasts into his trading routine and then he'll really have to take to the streets in search of food :) He had begun his routine and started writing the blog in the beginning of March, actually, but only recently discovered Trader Ji as a great forum for traders. An absolutely sound idea in starting a new thread on this forum to mimic my blog post - I had vague thoughts about that but hearing it in material form from you makes it absolutely critical.

Thanks for all your carmaderie. The Starving Trader will look for a lot more to come in the future.

May your trades be green!
The Starving Trader.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Welcome 0
B Introductions 4
R Introductions 0
T Introductions 0
N Introductions 0