Hello everyone

Hi everyone,
I am a silent follower of this forum for more than a year. I started with investing in stocks and traded in F&O and lost so much. Then back to investing and recovered the loss in 2008 peak . Again started trading in options and lost about 10 lacs in avert short period of time. Then switched to commodities and again loss. Meanwhile I was reading a lot and studied charts and technical analysis.finally my loss trades reduced and started getting small profits. Now have a good trading strategy which gives good profits thanks to 315 ema crossing strategy which was discussed here in Traderji. I now trade mostly in Crude and very less in zinc and lead and get profit consistently( decent returns ).
I now like to test my strategy with live market . I started with 4 lacs from 1st Nov . Expected return @ 30% per month and will try compounding on monthly .
Will post my projection and strategy in my next post.

Is this possible with a trading system with good accuracy and proper risk management ? Ofcourse need to be disciplined and focused without greed and fear.

My strategy of trading crude
3ema and 15 ema crossing. When a candle closes above 15 ema and 3 ema also crossed 15 ema, I go for buy when next candle goes above the high of previous candle. SL is low of the previous candle. I generally buy @ high of previous candle + 10. TF hourly. Generally my sl is around 40 points.
My plan
Entry 4 lots and place sl of 40 pts or low of previous candle.
The buy 3 lots @ the initial entry point - 10 and the sl same
Next buy 3 more lots @ initial entry point - 20
SL for all 10 lots same
Target 40 points from the buy price for 6 lots. Other 4 lots I plan to trail the Sl and get the most .
Does My plan sound good / achievable ?
Feedback and advice / inputs from seniors welcome .

TraderRavi

low risk profile
My strategy of trading crude
3ema and 15 ema crossing. When a candle closes above 15 ema and 3 ema also crossed 15 ema, I go for buy when next candle goes above the high of previous candle. SL is low of the previous candle. I generally buy @ high of previous candle + 10. TF hourly. Generally my sl is around 40 points.
My plan
Entry 4 lots and place sl of 40 pts or low of previous candle.
The buy 3 lots @ the initial entry point - 10 and the sl same
Next buy 3 more lots @ initial entry point - 20
SL for all 10 lots same
Target 40 points from the buy price for 6 lots. Other 4 lots I plan to trail the Sl and get the most .
Does My plan sound good / achievable ?
Feedback and advice / inputs from seniors welcome .
even if your capital is 4 lakhs, I advice initially do this with mini lots. everything same just 4, 3, 3 mini lots. After 2-3 weeks if results good and you get confidence you can switch to mega lots. Do not focus on 30% profit target monthly , let market decide what it wants to give you as per your trades.

even if your capital is 4 lakhs, I advice initially do this with mini lots. everything same just 4, 3, 3 mini lots. After 2-3 weeks if results good and you get confidence you can switch to mega lots. Do not focus on 30% profit target monthly , let market decide what it wants to give you as per your trades.
Thank you for the advice . Since I already have started trading in mega , I like to continue the same. Now I have 8 lots crude sell position open.

imfine

Forum is for sharing and getting to learn from others knowledge and experience. I see only one part of planning from the above pic. Crossovers are one of the best indicators but only during trending days. what about non trending days? when market will move against your trade even not giving signal for exit. Does your position sizing will allow you to stand in trade.

@TraderRavi has a very valid suggestion to start with mini keep some room for non trending days and then escalate.

Market attracts those who want to make quick money but rewards only those who are comfortable getting rich slowly.

Forum is for sharing and getting to learn from others knowledge and experience. I see only one part of planning from the above pic. Crossovers are one of the best indicators but only during trending days. what about non trending days? when market will move against your trade even not giving signal for exit. Does your position sizing will allow you to stand in trade.

@TraderRavi has a very valid suggestion to start with mini keep some room for non trending days and then escalate.

Market attracts those who want to make quick money but rewards only those who are comfortable getting rich slowly.
Yes absolutely . Position sizing is the reason why I lose money most of the time. I need to change the mindset and improve in this area. Thanks for your valid suggestions .
This is my today’s positions. 8F4DA858-0539-499B-8031-905050A00F63.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introductions 0
N Introductions 0
P Welcome 2
P Introductions 12
S Introductions 0