Hello Everybody

Hello all,
I was out for 2 weeks in a vacation ----to Haridwar ,Rishikesh, Gangotri and Gomuk----It was really a soul seeking experience----met some great personalities(sages) on the way----It appears ---I was really fortunate to be out of market----during these hostile days of market----Today coming back---at aroung 12---and then watching the the market was really a priviledge for me---(probably a nightmare for many and a cherishable time for a few)---
Sorry sh50---I could not make it to Delhi in time(ie,reached Delhi just in time to catch the train )---but thanks from both of our behalf---for ur suggestion of the river water rafting in Rishikesh---It was really a life time experience----Will surely meet u soon---
Regards,
joy_mitali

sh50

It would have given me a lot of joy to meet you, Joy but I am glad that you got your Joy from River rafting. It is really a great experience and I hope your wife did it too. After all the how different is the tumultuous river from the rigors and vicissitudes of married life. Hope to meeet you soon too.

Hi sh50,
Really well said about the titilating River rafting experience---But then my married life fluctuates between the extremes of the dungeons to the serenity of the Himalayan wonders----Ha Ha---Its a real previledge---to have a better half like my sweety---whose mood fluctuates between the Grade4 Rapid and a Grade 0 Rapid---I hope u too experience a bit of the extreme traffic--in ur Sweet Sweet Home---!!!
Regards,
joy_mitali

joy_mitali said:
Hello all,
I was out for 2 weeks in a vacation ----to Haridwar ,Rishikesh, Gangotri and Gomuk----It was really a soul seeking experience----met some great personalities(sages) on the way----It appears ---I was really fortunate to be out of market----during these hostile days of market----Today coming back---at aroung 12---and then watching the the market was really a priviledge for me---(probably a nightmare for many and a cherishable time for a few)---
Sorry sh50---I could not make it to Delhi in time(ie,reached Delhi just in time to catch the train )---but thanks from both of our behalf---for ur suggestion of the river water rafting in Rishikesh---It was really a life time experience----Will surely meet u soon---
Regards,
joy_mitali
Welcome back Joy. You are right. Lucky soul - nice experience of pilgrimage tour.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

joy_mitali said:
Hello all,
Regards,
joy_mitali
Hi Joy,

Great to have you back amongst us again.Have not been to Rishikesh Haridwar,Gomukh last 15years,but planning to make a trip soon.Really great to rejuvenate one's soul and recharge one's batterries every now and then................once again,welcome back!!

Saint

Hi Nkpanjiyar and Saint,
Thanks for ur warm welcome----Ya ---In a way --I was lucky and fortunate----to meet so many a great personalities---in a single visit--It was as if nature wanted meet to get a glimpse of them---otherwise ---Who am I -to be in their company!!!
It was in Rishikesh----I had no intention of spendind a nigt there---At around 2:30PM---as we was wandering along the ghat beside Ram Jhula---I met those who organise the river rafting---They said ---as there was less time that day---they could organise a 9 km of rafting---
But I wanted to have a full course experience----even though we were both the world's greattttst swimmers(ha ha)---
Aas a consequence we stayed for the day and planned to take the trip ---the next day---and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise--
As we were sitting on the ghat of Swargasram around afternoon----the weather changed from good to bad---but that time was supposed to be a "Sandhya Arati" which was supposed to be performed by the disciples and the young learners of Swargasram----At the starting of a yajna---it started raining----as such the entire crowd---who had accumulated----near the ghat moved away----we and a handful were sitting on the ghat in the rain---
Suddenly we found ---a great sage with a face as calm and composed as that of the water of the back water lagoons of Kerala---approaching the ghat----peole started shouting crazily---but they were kept at bay ---by the disciples of the Swargasram----This great sage turned out to be Chidanand Swaraswati---who can be seen singing in the Astha channel---
He came and sat at a handful distance from us----and then started singing and performing Sandhya Arati----It was really a wonderful experience---the songs --the singer and the nature---together at their grandest!!!
THe next day---we had the once in a life time experience---that of River Rafting in the midst of the raving Ganges----in cetain circumstances---it was like the experience of life and death balanced in a single thread---we not only completed the course successfully---but also saved the riders of another raft moving close behind us---from a major accident---Hats off---to Sanjay(our raft co-ordinator)---and our entire team---for keeping our calmness----in such a crisis condition---
On our journey from Gangotri to Gomuk---we faced many a hazarda ---but braved all odds(Thanks to our guide--Jagmohan)----At one instance ---when we had covered 11.5 km----I was having intense headache---andwas unable to walk any further---we were still---3.5 km from Bhojbasa---(THe resting place for th day)---and it was already 5PM---and getting dark----Our guide was getting worried---and I could drag myself no further----My better half kept on saying---Dont worry----we will reach Bhojbasa---and then only darkness will come---SUddenly ---I felt the nature around me moving in cycles---And I was not myself any more---I got up---suddenly---and started walking at such a rapid pace---that---our guide---guiding my wife----could not keep pace with me----and we covered the the remaining distance at an unbelievable pace and reached the Lal Baba asram--in Bhojbasa---just in the nick of time---The moment we entered the ashram----darkness completely covered all around---I couldn't really believe my eyes----It was as if nature was smiling at me---and slowly faded away---My better half's words really became true----!!!
In the return journey---we were accompanied by a true naga sanyasi--whose presence and the wise words all along the way----didnt make it appear---that we have covered the entire distance---Before getting a feel of it------we reached Gangotri!!!
Reaching Gangotri---the naga sanyasi---went to take rest in Isawasi Ashram----and invited us to come there----After changing and taking some rest----we went to Isawasi Ahram---there we were greeted by Swami Ragavanendra---the head of the Ashram---I never understood---what he was liking our presence--He was himself a great singer and also had a no. of cassettes in his name---when he learnt that we both had a passion for music(My better half sings great Bhajans and I also incidentally play (not much now) classical music in sitar)----he made us hear his latest creation---Not only that----he took us to his own bedroom---and made us hear a large no. of songs in cassettes---withen a short span of 30 mins----He then asked us to stay one more day---in the ashram---and told us--that he would show us a no of slides of his photographic collection(Incidentally he was also a great photographer)---We were really honoured---and previledged to get the company of such a great man----we spent some awesome moments hearing some good bhajans(from both him,my wife and another person) and viewing some slide shows of some excellent photographies of Tapaban---Amar ganga-----Nandan ban---and Kailas Tal---It was in those photographs ---I got a glimpse of some tranquile and serein moments----which will have a lasting impression in my memory----
Another thing I feel worth writing about---a premonition I had---just before leaving Bharat sevasram in HAridwar----for going to Delhi----As I was leaving the ashram --the sandhya arati was going on---I didnt took any care and started walking---But soon stopped ---when I inner voice told me that something bad was going to happen ---as I was leaving in between the Arati----An inner force made me stop at the gates----and I turned back ---and stopped---then apologised in my mind for leaving in the midst of the Arati------and waited at the gates till the completion of the Arati---Thereafter we went to thr bus stand---A almost vacant bus was waiting and was ready for leaving Delhi----I do not know why----I left that bus-----and we rode the next bus standing behind---THis bus after travelling an hour---started having trouble---and stopped for about an hour ---as it could not get started----I thought probably this was the reason ---I was having a bad huch ---that our jouney wont be good---The bus thereafter starteddd ---and after travelling about 45 mins---We passed a horrifying scene----Around 5 mins before----The bus which I had left at haridwar bus adda---had met with a horrifying accident---was turned aside--after having struk a moving truck---the driver fatally injured(was fighting life and death)and many of the passengers injured(but had left the scene by ths time)----barring a few ----Now I understood---what danger we have been saved----I thanked nature in my mind for saving us---
The remaining journey ---back to Kolkata---was peaceful---But this entire journey will have a lasting impression in my mind----
Regards,
joy_mitali

Hi Joy,
Nice to meet someone on this forum who's travelled to possibly the most beautiful places in India. And I'm glad you liked them! We have often been going to Rishikesh for rafting, but the area around Gomukh is something else! Whenever you next visit you must climb the glacier and camp at Ractovan and Tapovan. There are really majestic and beautiful peaks all around....Shivling, Bhagirathi (1,2 &3) and so many others. I've had the privilege to climb Sudarshan Parbat (atop Ractovan) and also to participate in an unsuccessful attempt on Satopanth (ahead of Nandanban). You've brought back some very fond memories.....and thanks for the same.
Regards,
Jaspal

joy_mitali said:
Hi Nkpanjiyar and Saint,
Thanks for ur warm welcome----Ya ---In a way --I was lucky and fortunate----to meet so many a great personalities---in a single visit--It was as if nature wanted meet to get a glimpse of them---otherwise ---Who am I -to be in their company!!!
It was in Rishikesh----I had no intention of spendind a nigt there---At around 2:30PM---as we was wandering along the ghat beside Ram Jhula---I met those who organise the river rafting---They said ---as there was less time that day---they could organise a 9 km of rafting---
But I wanted to have a full course experience----even though we were both the world's greattttst swimmers(ha ha)---
Aas a consequence we stayed for the day and planned to take the trip ---the next day---and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise--
As we were sitting on the ghat of Swargasram around afternoon----the weather changed from good to bad---but that time was supposed to be a "Sandhya Arati" which was supposed to be performed by the disciples and the young learners of Swargasram----At the starting of a yajna---it started raining----as such the entire crowd---who had accumulated----near the ghat moved away----we and a handful were sitting on the ghat in the rain---
Suddenly we found ---a great sage with a face as calm and composed as that of the water of the back water lagoons of Kerala---approaching the ghat----peole started shouting crazily---but they were kept at bay ---by the disciples of the Swargasram----This great sage turned out to be Chidanand Swaraswati---who can be seen singing in the Astha channel---
He came and sat at a handful distance from us----and then started singing and performing Sandhya Arati----It was really a wonderful experience---the songs --the singer and the nature---together at their grandest!!!
THe next day---we had the once in a life time experience---that of River Rafting in the midst of the raving Ganges----in cetain circumstances---it was like the experience of life and death balanced in a single thread---we not only completed the course successfully---but also saved the riders of another raft moving close behind us---from a major accident---Hats off---to Sanjay(our raft co-ordinator)---and our entire team---for keeping our calmness----in such a crisis condition---
On our journey from Gangotri to Gomuk---we faced many a hazarda ---but braved all odds(Thanks to our guide--Jagmohan)----At one instance ---when we had covered 11.5 km----I was having intense headache---andwas unable to walk any further---we were still---3.5 km from Bhojbasa---(THe resting place for th day)---and it was already 5PM---and getting dark----Our guide was getting worried---and I could drag myself no further----My better half kept on saying---Dont worry----we will reach Bhojbasa---and then only darkness will come---SUddenly ---I felt the nature around me moving in cycles---And I was not myself any more---I got up---suddenly---and started walking at such a rapid pace---that---our guide---guiding my wife----could not keep pace with me----and we covered the the remaining distance at an unbelievable pace and reached the Lal Baba asram--in Bhojbasa---just in the nick of time---The moment we entered the ashram----darkness completely covered all around---I couldn't really believe my eyes----It was as if nature was smiling at me---and slowly faded away---My better half's words really became true----!!!
In the return journey---we were accompanied by a true naga sanyasi--whose presence and the wise words all along the way----didnt make it appear---that we have covered the entire distance---Before getting a feel of it------we reached Gangotri!!!
Reaching Gangotri---the naga sanyasi---went to take rest in Isawasi Ashram----and invited us to come there----After changing and taking some rest----we went to Isawasi Ahram---there we were greeted by Swami Ragavanendra---the head of the Ashram---I never understood---what he was liking our presence--He was himself a great singer and also had a no. of cassettes in his name---when he learnt that we both had a passion for music(My better half sings great Bhajans and I also incidentally play (not much now) classical music in sitar)----he made us hear his latest creation---Not only that----he took us to his own bedroom---and made us hear a large no. of songs in cassettes---withen a short span of 30 mins----He then asked us to stay one more day---in the ashram---and told us--that he would show us a no of slides of his photographic collection(Incidentally he was also a great photographer)---We were really honoured---and previledged to get the company of such a great man----we spent some awesome moments hearing some good bhajans(from both him,my wife and another person) and viewing some slide shows of some excellent photographies of Tapaban---Amar ganga-----Nandan ban---and Kailas Tal---It was in those photographs ---I got a glimpse of some tranquile and serein moments----which will have a lasting impression in my memory----
Another thing I feel worth writing about---a premonition I had---just before leaving Bharat sevasram in HAridwar----for going to Delhi----As I was leaving the ashram --the sandhya arati was going on---I didnt took any care and started walking---But soon stopped ---when I inner voice told me that something bad was going to happen ---as I was leaving in between the Arati----An inner force made me stop at the gates----and I turned back ---and stopped---then apologised in my mind for leaving in the midst of the Arati------and waited at the gates till the completion of the Arati---Thereafter we went to thr bus stand---A almost vacant bus was waiting and was ready for leaving Delhi----I do not know why----I left that bus-----and we rode the next bus standing behind---THis bus after travelling an hour---started having trouble---and stopped for about an hour ---as it could not get started----I thought probably this was the reason ---I was having a bad huch ---that our jouney wont be good---The bus thereafter starteddd ---and after travelling about 45 mins---We passed a horrifying scene----Around 5 mins before----The bus which I had left at haridwar bus adda---had met with a horrifying accident---was turned aside--after having struk a moving truck---the driver fatally injured(was fighting life and death)and many of the passengers injured(but had left the scene by ths time)----barring a few ----Now I understood---what danger we have been saved----I thanked nature in my mind for saving us---
The remaining journey ---back to Kolkata---was peaceful---But this entire journey will have a lasting impression in my mind----
Regards,
joy_mitali
Hi Joy,

So glad to know that you had a great time there........as Jaspal put it,your post above brought back some wonderful memmories of a time not so long back,but has ended up hidden in the inner levels of my mind.I thank you for bringing those memmories back...........

Am planning to go soon........

Once again,Thank You!!

Saint

Hello Saint and col Jaspal,
I feel elevated---that my my journey has been a source of recapitulation of the happier memories--for at least a few in this forum---
To Saint:
A person of ur nature---I'm sure will move soon----in some isolated journey-----which will not just recharge u ---but will do a lot more good to all ---who r in ur company---directly or indirectly----
To colJaspal:
Thanks Sir,for ur inspiring words.We ,both have fallen in love with the Himalayas---and would like to go again ----whenever we get a chance----But being ordinary civilians---we r not at all trained with the different aspects of mountainaring---nor do we have the time to do any course---So if u kindly ,let us know----how we can prepare ourselves---we will be obliged to u---
Regards,
joy_mitali

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ireyene Introductions 5
K Introductions 16
Y Introductions 0
D Introductions 0
B Introductions 0