He assessed Indians 64 years ago-he is correct as they say

Hi
He assessed Indians 64 years ago.
source bejafry website

What did he say?
see it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do politicians like paloo,ramsukh,4g-5g-coal-condome-army weapons-financial scammers are called in his language?
Today situation is worse than what he said.

Tamil trader

yes... i agree...our politicians are not performing well... they all are thinking about leadership only.......

We need youngers like obama who is talking with every layman........

but it is very hard to speak with our leaders... Very shame.... The wonderful man predicted before 64 years... Nice information

rkkarnani

It was Joseph de Maistre who wrote in 1811 "Every nation gets the government it deserves."

Similar quote :
"People Get the Government They Deserve!" quote was said by Ayn Ran. Asahe was a Russian American novelist, playwright, screenwriter and philosopher. She was born on February 2, 1905 in Saint Petersburg and died on March 6, 1982 in New York City.

Its not the politicians alone, but we the people , collectively, are equally to be blamed for the state of things !

godfather

Hi
source bejafry website

What did he say?

What do politicians like paloo,ramsukh,4g-5g-coal-condome-army weapons-financial scammers are called in his language?
:clapping::clapping: truth .....he said r8 things.....what we are seeing in India....all those are political gooses.....

Nice post...........I never hate British ruler.............British... rule the world because they have caliber.........

Very nice post. All are selfish, the politicians and people.
But not like people in Traderji, all help each other for getting success.
If every successful trader introduce a non trader and teach him how to get success in trading by teaching with all the great teachers here I think at least unemployment problem in India can be solved.
And Traderji will have a name through out India to make this 64 year old assessment wrong.

Please give a thought and start a new thread and Introduce new unemployed people and train them for a year or so.
I am one of them.
Prem

Mr.G

My great grandfather was there and actually heard this speech! Without even opening the thread, I knew it was about churchill. He was a great and extremely wise man.

jamit_05

Hi
source bejafry website

What did he say?

The Quotes are probably paraphrased, because it appears very contemporary and Indian.

jamit_05

British have calibre. Fine. But, if that ruling means oppression then that good, successful rule is unbearable by the ruled-upons.

Indian Political scenario will change because the people are changing. Never before in the History of India have the People acknowledged corruption, lack of growth and opportunities for the people more than Now.

We now want a better India. And gradually we will come to it. It won't happen fast and that is good.

Nice quotes about people getting what they deserve, No more No less!

4candles

Hi
source bejafry website

What did he say?

Did he really Predict that? or is it that someone is using the internet to pass off the current reality as a 'prediction' by an extremely wise Man!!!?

If the above is true then the following observation by Macaulay can also be said as true:

“I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation.”

Nevertheless the following by Macaulay is definitely true:

"I have no knowledge of either Sanscrit or Arabic. But I have done what I could to form a correct estimate of their value. I have read translations of the most celebrated Arabic and Sanscrit works. I have conversed, both here and at home, with men distinguished by their proficiency in the Eastern tongues. I am quite ready to take the oriental learning at the valuation of the orientalists themselves. I have never found one among them who could deny that a single shelf of a good European library was worth the whole native literature of India and Arabia. The intrinsic superiority of the Western literature is indeed fully admitted by those members of the committee who support the oriental plan of education."

Link

Now you find this Hilarious or True .... is up to you!

:)

Last edited: