HDFC Securities VS ICICI Direct- For day trading purpose only

Hi,
I am a new member here. I used to read the posts but never posted before. This is my first post.

My forte is Day trading and I do transaction of 4-5 lakh rupees per day.
The profit ranges from 10K to 50K per day and so is the loss depending on the market.

I have a leased line with 4 Mbps speed.

I have ICICI direct and needless to say it sucks. Now, it has surpassed my patience and I haven't earned anything in last 10 days (oct3-13, 2008)because website is very slow. An opportunity loss of over 1 Lakh rupees.

I called, yelled and shouted at ICICI mumbai branch but nothing happened.

Please suggest me is HDFC security good for day traders?
If not, how about SHAREKHAN TRADE TIGER?

P.S.- I am not talking anything about brokerage. I make enough profit to take care of it. I am just interested in a fast, reliable and renowned platform.
Evaluation Criterion is only speed.
Also, I don't need any opinion on other websites.

Thanks

Last edited:
Why dont you consider going for a software based system than web based.

From my experience installed softwares outperform dynamically loaded ones through web browsers.

Both HDFC and ICICI are having inherent problems. both could contribute uncertain moments where you are nowhere.

vasa1

From my experience installed softwares outperform dynamically loaded ones through web browsers.

Both HDFC and ICICI are having inherent problems. both could contribute uncertain moments where you are nowhere.
Sir, but isn't the main bottle-neck the internet connectivity? Whether we use software or the web, even with a 2 Mbps BSNL ADSL connection, things get stuck soetimes. I have only used a web-based solution so far.

Hi,
I am a new member here. I used to read the posts but never posted before. This is my first post.

My forte is Day trading and I do transaction of 4-5 lakh rupees per day.
The profit ranges from 10K to 50K per day and so is the loss depending on the market.

I have a leased line with 4 Mbps speed.

I have ICICI direct and needless to say it sucks. Now, it has surpassed my patience and I haven't earned anything in last 10 days (oct3-13, 2008)because website is very slow. An opportunity loss of over 1 Lakh rupees.

I called, yelled and shouted at ICICI mumbai branch but nothing happened.

Please suggest me is HDFC security good for day traders?
If not, how about SHAREKHAN TRADE TIGER?

P.S.- I am not talking anything about brokerage. I make enough profit to take care of it. I am just interested in a fast, reliable and renowned platform.
Evaluation Criterion is only speed.
Also, I don't need any opinion on other websites.

Thanks
I have same problem too - ICICI is worst possible service for day-trading it seems ! They only care for their brokerage and nothing else !

I was think about starting a website to collect all ICICI griviences and then lodge a complain to SEBI or whoever responsible. The worst part is their support team is fake too - they make you feel that problem is at your end only and their website is working fine with no issue.

At a time they stop Margin and MarginPlus intraday products specially when you have a good opportunity in market.

rgds, Nisha

Are you referring to Sharekhan Trade Tiger?
I would like to know more about it.
I read many reviews about it on Mouthshut but most of them are mixed. kinda hard to make a mind.

Sir, but isn't the main bottle-neck the internet connectivity? Whether we use software or the web, even with a 2 Mbps BSNL ADSL connection, things get stuck soetimes. I have only used a web-based solution so far.
Actually the bottleneck is not internet.
ICICI goes down because the site has more access than it can really handle.
I am a technical person so i know what they need to do but those dumbass people probably have hired some third world companies to develop their system in cheap.
Just to give you an example, no smart person would host such a busy site on a windows system and create the whole thing in asp.

I have same problem too - ICICI is worst possible service for day-trading it seems ! They only care for their brokerage and nothing else !

I was think about starting a website to collect all ICICI griviences and then lodge a complain to SEBI or whoever responsible. The worst part is their support team is fake too - they make you feel that problem is at your end only and their website is working fine with no issue.

At a time they stop Margin and MarginPlus intraday products specially when you have a good opportunity in market.

rgds, Nisha
If you ever call them and say that their site is slow.
There answer is "please clean the cookies". WTF is that?
Cookies can't make the site slow. I am a double IT major and I never experienced that.
Then they will argue that it is working at their end which is a white lie and then they will say, we are sorry, it will be ok in 10 minutes. i absolutely liked your idea of opening a website against icici.
To start with, we can write one email with signs or name of all the clients who agree with us and forward it to Kamath, the ceo.

All those people who have problems with ICICI direct.

Please shoot an email to ICICI CEO:
This may help opening his eyes and make him understand the plight of the measurable costumers

kamathdotkvaticicibankdotcom

kvdotkamathaticicibankdotcom

All those people who have problems with ICICI direct.

Please shoot an email to ICICI CEO:
This may help opening his eyes and make him understand the plight of the measurable costumers

kamathdotkvaticicibankdotcom

kvdotkamathaticicibankdotcom
I think the said CEO is currently beleagured with issues like identifying the bear cartel that is beating down icici bank shares and I wonder if he has any time and inclination to address the problems of lesser mortals like icicidirect online traders who risk money trading online and badly let down by the portal at crucial junctures.