Hdfc account cancelled because of overseas forex trading

Hi I did a mistake vy depositing the money to my betway online gamblingbaacount directly using my hdfc debitcard an amount of 3.5 lakh per day 20k.

Now I got a nail saying that my account cancelled because of overseas forex trading.

Please find the attached images for the mail that I got

Should i need to go and meet bank manager or should i be quite ????

I feared about going hail please help me out what to do ????

IMG-20180907-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20180907-WA0000.jpg

His concern is about going to jail. I've previously read about similar cases of cards getting blocked due to them being used for international transactions prohibited under FEMA but I've not heard of anyone going to jail for it; nonetheless, if that's a concern, then it might be time to consult a decent lawyer.

This is the "free" country we live in, where a person can't even do something that doesn't hurt anyone else, with HIS OWN money! Whether it's forex trading or gambling or whatever, so long as you're not hurting someone else or stealing from or defrauding someone, people should be free to do what they want involving mutual voluntary interaction between other free people, that's true freedom!

OneThatGotAway

only debit card is cancelled ..
Go to bank and ask them bank account close form and close account simple as that

no one is going to jail ....
next time try hawala route that be safest .

you want to gamble why gamble outside india instead invest in equity .. here your money can get double ..

trade2411

I have the same thing happened to me with HDFC credit card ( although not for betting but for forex trading). I wrote to them asking for unblocking the card for which they said they cant
couple of options you have:
1. Ask betway to withdraw the money to skrill etc telling them your card is blocked. They will probably ask for a mail as proof
2.request write to your bank that you have money outstanding which you will get deposited to your card , after which they can block
3. your mail says debit card will be blocked in 30 days , if it is not blocked already , withdraw your money ASAP

Hi I did a mistake vy depositing the money to my betway online gamblingbaacount directly using my hdfc debitcard an amount of 3.5 lakh per day 20k.

Now I got a nail saying that my account cancelled because of overseas forex trading.

View attachment 28242 View attachment 28243
Hey Buddy? Did your HDFC Bank provide you new Debit card or you've to close your account? Will be much appreciated if you let us know what happened with that account?

gautam7821

Go for ICICI Bank, I never had a problem with them, but right withdraw the money asap before card get hotlisted.

View attachment 28242 View attachment 28243
Any follow up on this matter sir. I got a similar mail today.