Have You Got A Trading Addiction?

Do you regularly exceed your daily limit on number of trades?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

sridhga

I really did not get the trading addiction part. But many in this thread seem to consider it as over trading.
If one follows a system, the system should tell them to buy or sell or hold or be on the sidelines. Is it not? Where is the question of over trading?
Having a system is more fundamental. Then, following it is the discipline part.

Last edited:

newtrader101

I really did not get the trading addiction part. But many in this thread seem to consider it as over trading.
If one follows a system, the system should tell them to buy or sell or hold or be on the sidelines. Is it not? Where is the question of over trading?
That's true. But most people are taken in by emotions. Especially when a leveraged trade brings in a big profit (fluke winner) , it's like the Alibaba story.:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::singing::singing::singing:

Yes, I have got a trading addiction when I saw profits coming from my SIPs. I made 3000 profit in 2 months only across two SIPs. After this only I realized the hidden potential of the stock market and started my investments. And I agree to
Core to the all problems is not having edge.. Edge should have well back tested results for many years.. This one thing will solve all trading mistakes and errors
that this addiction must not turn into illegal activities such as money laundering.

Overtrading is doing more than 100 trades in a single day, you won't believe when I heard such stories like that. In simple term, addiction happens when you are constantly trading, even after making multiples losses and not improving at one or some point.

newtrader101

Overtrading is doing more than 100 trades in a single day, you won't believe when I heard such stories like that. In simple term, addiction happens when you are constantly trading, even after making multiples losses and not improving at one or some point.
Is this true. Do people really make 100 trades a day?