Have You Got A Trading Addiction?

Do you regularly exceed your daily limit on number of trades?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

newtrader101

The issue is very real. Authors like Alexander Elder have written about Trading becoming an addiction.

There is a stark parallel between an alcoholic and a trader whose account is being demolished by losses. He keeps changing trading tactics, acting
like an alcoholic who tries to solve his problem by switching from hard liquor to beer. A loser denies that he has lost control over his course in the
market.

I find that sometimes I'm unable to pull myself away. I break my trading rules (limit of trades per day), finding it hard to close the terminal.

Have you faced this situation? How did you cope? Or would you have to say anything about this?

Hope this thread can help those traders who want to balance their trading activity.

Last edited:

MSN1979

The issue is very real. Authors like Alexander Elder have written about Trading becoming an addiction.

There is a stark parallel between an alcoholic and a trader whose account is being demolished by losses. He keeps changing trading tactics, acting
like an alcoholic who tries to solve his problem by switching from hard liquor to beer. A loser denies that he has lost control over his course in the
market.

I find that sometimes I'm unable to pull myself away. I break my trading rules (limit of trades per day), finding it hard to close the terminal.

Have you faced this situation? How did you cope? Or would you have to say anything about this?

Hope this thread can help those traders who want to balance their trading activity.
Its an addiction for those, who do not have a system. If you become robotic with your system, its a crime not to take a valid trade. If you are overtrading you are simply not following your system and you are a gambler.

pannet1

market.

This is a profession like a doctor or architect. No doctor is complaining that he is seeing so many patients. But here there is important difference.

1) A doctor may not loose money, when seeing a patient.
2) An Architect could close his shop after his working hours.

With trading we could loose money while trading and we may need to extend the battle till a position is rescued.

I would rather turn my weakness into strength. I would rather attack when the trade is coming into my favour with 1,1,3 sequence and defend my position with 1,3,8 sequence and divide my time accordingly. The lot size is not written in stone, but just scale in and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Romeo1998

I think i am also addicted, i feel like i am in depression :( made money, lost money, and after months of hard work, coding, watching monitor for so many hrs, becoming extremely anxious, and still searching for a better system, i already have system which can easily give 2-3 % per month, but i dont want to be stuck with 2-3 %, i want to double and triple money in 1-2 days or 1 week, hence i am always searching, coding, backtesting, i dont know when all this will stop , my dream is to cross the 100 crore mark, but in last 6 months i have not even crossed 1 lakh, i am still struggling whereas my friends are working or studying :(

pannet1

I think i am also addicted, i feel like i am in depression :( made money, lost money, and after months of hard work, coding, watching monitor for so many hrs, becoming extremely anxious, and still searching for a better system, i already have system which can easily give 2-3 % per month, but i dont want to be stuck with 2-3 %, i want to double and triple money in 1-2 days or 1 week, hence i am always searching, coding, backtesting, i dont know when all this will stop , my dream is to cross the 100 crore mark, but in last 6 months i have not even crossed 1 lakh, i am still struggling whereas my friends are working or studying :(
Please (edit:read) technical analysis is fallacy thread in forex factory and attain your trading nirvana.

Last edited: