Has anyone found a trading system/strategy that is consistently profitable?

Im not asking for anyone to give away their trade secrets (unless of course they dont mind sharing), but would love to know if anyone has come across a system for the e-minis using 1,3 or 5 minute intervals that consistently performs well... and would appreciate it very much if they could point us in the right direction. I seem to have a great week or two and then a terrible one, so its one step forward and then one step back. Its a very frustrating game.

C

CreditViolet

I’m not asking for anyone to give away their trade secrets (unless of course they don’t mind sharing), but would love to know if anyone has come across a system for the e-minis using 1,3 or 5 minute intervals that consistently performs well... and would appreciate it very much if they could point us in the right direction. I seem to have a great week or two and then a terrible one, so its one step forward and then one step back. It’s a very frustrating game.
To answer your question - Yes

Question for you - Why are you limiting yourself to 1,3,5 minute intervals, they are pretty noisy on the minis esp. ES, try out different combos of tick charts.

novice1

See yourselves :), the question is "IF YOU DO NOT MIND SHARING". So if you mind then say so....do not just say you have a good system in place. If I have worked years to get something and I do not want to share I would say so in the first place

novice1

beginner_av
This forum is for sharing tips and systems...go through the various post and you would see how many "helping hands" are there. If you donot want to share nobody is compelling.

To answer your question - Yes

Question for you - Why are you limiting yourself to 1,3,5 minute intervals, they are pretty noisy on the minis esp. ES, try out different combos of tick charts.

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that it's possible because I was starting to wonder if it was. I have tried tick charts on the ES and I have found that it's pretty much the same. I've also tried volume charts. I have found that I get best results using 5 minute charts for entry and using 10-15 minute charts just to confirm trend direction but not to trade from. I use a few different indicators and use momentum along with strenght and weekness of the market as the key factors for when to take a trade. I think my main problem is the psychology side of things. Do you trade the ES? What tick count do you recommend?

oxusmorouz

beginner_av
This forum is for sharing tips and systems...go through the various post and you would see how many "helping hands" are there. If you donot want to share nobody is compelling.
Mistake my friend. The forum is for sharing knowledge, not sharing tips and systems. Tipsters and snake oil salesmen do it for personal profit, afterall, if one has a "working" strategy" and let's it out, I cannot see a worse fool (With due respects to tipsters) :)

If you believe those helping "systems" posted by members really work, why don't you post it, and let's see how many really work?

Last edited:
C

CreditViolet

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that it's possible because I was starting to wonder if it was. I have tried tick charts on the ES and I have found that it's pretty much the same. I've also tried volume charts. I have found that I get best results using 5 minute charts for entry and using 10-15 minute charts just to confirm trend direction but not to trade from. I use a few different indicators and use momentum along with strenght and weekness of the market as the key factors for when to take a trade. I think my main problem is the psychology side of things. Do you trade the ES? What tick count do you recommend?
hi Lazzie
I dont use minute charts at all for decision making.Just a hourly/half hourly chart for perspective.Mainly its Volume Bars and Tick Charts for couple of indicators that I run. I dont prefer using indicators per se. I dont trade ES much, prefer ER2 or YM.Currently I am hooked on researching the HSI to avoid the late nights.

As for tick charts, it really depends on the indicator you run, I prefer the 55 and 233 tick chart.Also I think ES is too lumpy/heavy for minute based charts.