Has anybody seen Hawkeye indicator equivalent in afl?

Hi ford7k,

Good initiative bud! I have Hawkeye Professional package but for NinjaTrader 7. hxxps://hawkeyetraders.infusionsoft.c0m/app/storeFront/showProductDetail?productId=179 (replace x=t, 0=o in the link)

The package contains a dll HawkeyeNinja2012.dll. Do let me know if you need it to proceed with further developments.

Thanks.:)
Phantom.
Phantom- Please send me link to Hawk Pro for Ninja7 to
keffnet at gmail dot com I would really appreciate it! :)

Ford

Few CORRECTIONS

The AFL that you've posted in the post above this is one version prior. Kindly delete it from your system as well as from this thread. I deleted it from my post so as not to confuse others. :D

Then, take the newer version again from Post 57 and then paste your query using code and redo your dark background thing and other mods.

HOW TO PLOT

As for your actual query, you have to use the heatmap of yours in separate pane. You have to take the ISHL code I gave today and plot it on the prices.

HAWKEYE VOLUME

If you read thru the documents and code, you will realize that afl does not arrive at price trend based on volume.

Rather, He classifies Volume as in He decides "nature" of the volume depending upon the perceptions projected by the congruent price action. ;)

Yes, he gives importance to volume, but significance of volume is when it is plotted in the colored histograms. Actual values assigned in 3 Volume Amigos are kept sacrosanct and not modified at all.

TREND DOTS

I realize the emotions you've attached with this and hence I am taking utmost care in saying what I have to say. "Neither discouraging nor misleading" is how I'd classify my stand.

Trend dot code in ELD is a giant ball of spaghetti and most of it is throwaway computations. You will not get too far until you figure out what he does in XMANH. It is the most critical function.

The ELD code you posted is most likely sabotaged: biggest clue is line 135 where Var14 is assigned 3000000 in else. Var14 is actually a range multiplier and such a large value is going to either cause arithmetic overflow (or worse) wrong charts. My obvious guess is that it should be 3, but this causes doubt and at the moment, I cannot locate any other obvious snafu but been in programming long enough to know that someone sabotaging would not plant only one error.

So, in short, keep looking for a better and hopefully more accurate version. If you have NJ7, install stuff from ampa and at least confirm that my volume AFL matches for same scrip on Ninja.
MasterMond,

I installed HawkEye Pro from installer files from this post and everything compiled without error but all of the indicators show up but are completely blank. Do you or anyone have an idea on how I fix this? Please advise

Nehal_s143

Actual Hawkeye indicator on Nifty Fut 15 min chart

Found on net Exact look like a like of Hawkeye indicator on Nifty fut 15 min chart
Super trend line

we are not getting exact same values, but looks is very much similar, can any body tweak to get similar values as of Hawkeye indicator....

Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("SuperTrendLine");
Factor=Param("Factor",2,1,10,1);
Pd=Param("ATR Periods",10,1,100,1);
Up=(H+L)/2+(Factor*ATR(Pd));
Dn=(H+L)/2-(Factor*ATR(Pd));

aa=Cross(C,LLV(Up,9));
bb=Cross(HHV(Dn,9),C);
Td[0]=1;
for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++ )
{
prev=Td[i-1];
if(aa[i])
{
Td[i]=1;
}
else if(bb[i])
{
Td[i]=-1;
}
else
{
Td[i]=prev;
}
}
aa=Dn==HighestSince(Cross(Td,0),Dn);
Dnx=Dn[0];
for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++ )
{
prev=Dnx[i-1];
if(aa[i])
{
Dnx[i]=Dn[i];
}
else
{
Dnx[i]=prev;
}
}
aa=Up==LowestSince(Cross(0,Td),Up);
Upx=Up[0];
for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++ )
{
prev=Upx[i-1];
if(aa[i])
{
Upx[i]=Up[i];
}
else
{
Upx[i]=prev;
}
}
aa=Td==1;
bb=Td==-1;
ST[0]=1;
trend=Null;
for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++ )
{
prev=ST[i-1];
if(aa[i])
{
ST[i]=Dnx[i];
trend[i]=1;
}
else if(bb[i])
{
ST[i]=Upx[i];
trend[i]=-1;
}
else
{
ST[i]=prev;
trend[i]=trend[i-1];
}
}
Plot(IIf(trend==1,ST,Null),"\nUP",colorGreen,styleDashed);

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); 
_SECTION_END();
Plot(IIf(trend==-1,ST,Null),"\nDN",colorRed,styleDashed); 
Plot(ST,"\nUP",colorWhite,styleDashed);
_SECTION_END();