Hardware Required

I Am New To Traderji And Acquired A Lot Of Knowledge About Ta So Far I Have Not Heard About Metastock,amibroker Etc I Just Want To Buy A System All These Days I Ahve Been Using Cyber Cafe Can Somebody Suggest The Good Configuration For All The Above Software To Run Easily. Will Celron Be Ok Kindly Help Me

oops! did u not heard about those softwares.I think ur new to trading.if ur planning to purchase a new system then try with amd2400+ processor with asus motherboard.it will be good config for u.

C

CreditViolet

chennamsetty said:
I Am New To Traderji And Acquired A Lot Of Knowledge About Ta So Far I Have Not Heard About Metastock,amibroker Etc I Just Want To Buy A System All These Days I Ahve Been Using Cyber Cafe Can Somebody Suggest The Good Configuration For All The Above Software To Run Easily. Will Celron Be Ok Kindly Help Me

To begin with,your configuration depends on the applications u wish to run.
As for trading which requires continuous watching u need a system powerful enough to endure the long hours.
Basic Configuration goes like this
AMD Athlon 2400 -2ghz-They are preferable to Intel Processors which are more expensive.Celeron will not do
Aleast 512 MB DDR RAM-Even 256 will do but its not enough
Preferably ASUS Motherboard .Look out for those which can be upgraded with extra slots for memory and graphics cards
CD RW-Both Samsung and LG are good
Internal Modem-Dax or Dlink-Even if u get internet through other sources its useful to have a backup
UPS-Go for the branded ones-emerge,hcl are all good.Ideal backup time should be more than 30 mins as this seems to get low as u continue to use them

Now for the monitors-Must be atleast 17 inch with a protective coating for easy viewing.LG700s is a good choice.If u can afford also try the 19 inch ones

Also get Windows XP Professional as Operating System as it is the most reliable of them all.Also windows 2000 Pro is not bad either just a little slow

Hope this helps
Regards
CV

:eek:

AMD Athlon 2400 -2ghz-They are preferable to Intel Processors which are more expensive.

Hi, CV, I was just curious about why you suggest Athlon. Is it only with regards to the cost or Athlon is better in performance also for this type of long hours work. Thanks

C

CreditViolet

investock said:
AMD Athlon 2400 -2ghz-They are preferable to Intel Processors which are more expensive.

Hi, CV, I was just curious about why you suggest Athlon. Is it only with regards to the cost or Athlon is better in performance also for this type of long hours work. Thanks
Hi Investock
Basically its the cost for the bias towards AMD.However I find AMD to be much faster than Intel.AMD's now use the throughbred core(.13microns) over the palomino(.18microns) one which makes even faster than the earlier models.
Also they can be easily overclocked to get much higher speeds.Not that Intel ones cant but still the overall speed is much better imo.The new models even have some extra functionality to reduce heat and noise so overall it is much better choice.
If u like to compare the two processors u can use utilities like Everest or PCMark04 available at download.com

CV
:eek:

HI, CV, I am not much of a technical guy to compare the processors. Your word will do.

May be I should try it out when I upgrade my system.

Thanks.

i have just bought metastock v8 and new to ta how do i configure for indian markets can some body guide me or point out tutorials step by step? thanks in advance for the help