Hardware and Software for Trading

You dont need additional software but HARDWARE.
Google multi-head video cards :)

Ankit
When we connect 2 monitors to a CPU, how to view & control the second monitor ? Can both the monitors be controled by one key-board or separate one for each ? Where can one purchase google multi-head video cards ? Inform, please.

ash.paul

dear friends,
some one can tell what kind of hardware we should use , if want to do trading as professionally.
like duel monitors
vsat for live rates
intraday tick by tick charts.
how much they cost.

veneet
In general, most traders dont need a computer with high specifications, a normal dual-core processors with 2ghz speed is more than enough with 4gb ram. And any thing above this would be a bonus. If you really run loads of programs, quad monitor setups and charts( 1min and tick) windows at the same time, then also a dual-core or C2duo with 2.6 ghz -3.5ghz and good RAM say 4gb (get as much RAM as possible as most these programs are RAM hungry) will serve you well. IMHO spending money on quad processor are not worth, i will be better off spending money on core2 duo processor with good speed like 3.5 ghz and more and more RAM.
I prefer Dell as they provide next business day in home hardware repair, which is really worth, dont forget you are running a business.
For a dual monitor setups, you just need a VGA cable which can be easily connected to laptop's port(assuming your PC is not too old).
Bear in mind good hardware is just a matter of making things more comfortable for you. NOTHING TO DO WITH TRADING SKILLS.

Last edited:
hello veneet,

i recently purchased the ibm thinkcentre a50 8175mqb

great piece of hardware!

Intel pentium 4 processor with
ht technology at 2.80ghz

microsoft windows xp home

1 mb l2 cache

800 mhz fsb

256 mb ddr ram

intel 865gv chipset

80 gb sata 7200 rpm

dvd cd/rw combo

infinity stereo speakers

56 kbps fax modem

optical wheel mouse

rak iii keyboard

43.2 cms (17 inches) crt monitor

3 yr limited warranty

bundled with digital camera cum webcam
nice confiurations .
Whats d price?

hardware issue

there is diffrence of price between assembled and branded pc of same configuration which one should i trust for trading please reply and please also suggest which pc should i buy for day trading. all the post here are 1 or 2 yrs old since those days technology has changed so the requirements should i m planing to trade on zerodha . trade tiger or odin from angel with e signal live charts. i m completely new to trading so far just practcing pepper trade or testing strategies on ieod charts