HAPPY's Trading Dairy

Status
Not open for further replies.
after first 30 minutes of price action BNF looks more bearish than bullish :)

ORB setup on first 15 mins (i.e high/low made in first 15 mins still intact)

:) Happy

Happy, your swing is based on which TF? Using supertrend on swing as well?

Thanks
Hello Ob

No, not using ST for this system, ST works great in trending markets but kills during the turns.

For swing trading I am using Daily chart for perspective, 30 Mins for Trend detection and 10 minutes for entry // exit // sl placements.
The 30 & 10 mins part is mechanical where as daily perspective i am trying to incorporate into the MM // position sizing.

Trend on BNF as per Daily Charts:

• BNF is in a clear downtrend till 27 June 2013.

• The Gap-up and strong close on 28 June 2013, should be considered as a rally in that down-trend.

• The High made in that rally on 02 July is a Lower Swing Pivot High on daily chart.

• If the price now closes above that, we will consider the low made yesterday (04 July 2013) as a Higher Swing Pivot Low.

• Effectively the down trend on daily ends only with a close above 11750.

• (If that happens) After that the market may go on into a sideways zone or start an uptrend . . .

• New higher swing highs & higher swing lows will define the up-trend

• But based purely on historical data, a close above the previous swing high i.e. 12000 (17 June 2013) will put us into an uptrend.

• Now before any of that can happen if we break yesterdays lows (04 July 2013) we just continue with the current down-trend :)

Edit: Will put up the daily chart after the market

But we can see from the levels its tough to trade these far-off levels, the position sizing considering the risk etc . . .
Then how do we use time frame amalgamation . . .

I consider a Rally on Daily to be equivalent to an up-trend on hourly/30 minutes.
Similarly a Decline on Daily is equivalent to a down-trend on hourly/30 minutes.

Use bigger position sizing when we have a Rally in an Uptrend or there is a decline in a down trend on daily charts.

Last edited:

Fascinating to see how you arrived at the precise date. Did you know that we have a thread called "Timing the Markets" .. Maybe you will find it useful.

• The Gap-up and strong close on 28 June 2013, should be considered as a rally in that down-trend.

• The High made in that rally on 02 July is a Lower Swing Pivot High on daily chart.

• If the price now closes above that, we will consider the low made yesterday (04 July 2013) as a Higher Swing Pivot Low.

• Effectively the down trend on daily ends only with a close above 11750.

• (If that happens) After that the market may go on into a sideways zone or start an uptrend . . .

• New higher swing highs & higher swing lows will define the up-trend

• But based purely on historical data, a close above the previous swing high i.e. 12000 (17 June 2013) will put us into an uptrend.

• Now before any of that can happen if we break yesterdays lows (04 July 2013) we just continue with the current down-trend :)

Edit: Will put up the daily chart after the market

But we can see from the levels its tough to trade these far-off levels, the position sizing considering the risk etc . . .
Then how do we use time frame amalgamation . . .

I consider a Rally on Daily to be equivalent to an up-trend on hourly/30 minutes.
Similarly a Decline on Daily is equivalent to a down-trend on hourly/30 minutes.

Use bigger position sizing when we have a Rally in an Uptrend or there is a decline in a down trend on daily charts.

Yes.....if close above 11750..........then........Boom boom will hit 12400:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Fascinating to see how you arrived at the precise date. Did you know that we have a thread called "Timing the Markets" .. Maybe you will find it useful.
Thanks TP, will definitely check on it . . .

All we need to do is faithfully follow the direction shown by our time-frame . . .
without letting the mind stuff get in the way . . .
other things we keep learning as we go along . . .

Yes.....if close above 11750..........then........Boom boom will hit 12400:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
man, that will surprise majority of the BNF players :D

I don't know, if anyone is even thinking about those (12.5 K) levels . . .
well anyone except for rajgreenpeace :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.