Happy Ram Navami

praveen taneja

On the very auspisicous day of Ram Navami I pray to Bhagwan Ram that he bless us all ,our families , Friends and near and dear ones with his love and mercy:thumb:

THE TIGER AND THE MONKEY A STORY TOLD BY LORD RAMACHANDRA
Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja

The Ramayana describes how Lord Rama built a bridge and crossed the ocean to Lanka. Before the battle with Ravana began, Ravanas youngest brother Vibhishan came to take shelter of Rama. Rama immediately gave him shelter. That is the duty of a king, a ksatriya. If someone seeks shelter, you must give him protection. But the advisors of Lord Rama said, No! Dont give him shelter. Hes from the enemys camp. He has come here as a spy. Lord Rama then told his advisors a story:

Once, a man was passing through a dense jungle. In that forest were many tigers, lions, and ferocious animals. One tiger came to attack that man, so he climbed a tree and saved his life. But the tiger had developed greed to drink human blood. So the tiger sat down underneath the tree to wait. He then noticed a monkey in the tree. He told that monkey, You are my brother. This human is your enemy. When you jump from one tree to another to get fruit, the human beats you and throws stones at you. And when you come down to the ground he sends his dog to catch you. Also, human beings cut down trees. So they are your constant enemy. You should understand this. You are very intelligent; you are my brother and my friend. Dont stay with such an enemy. It is very dangerous. Push that man down from the tree. I am hungry. If you do this then Ill get food. Ill satisfy my hunger and our friendship will remain forever. Ill be very, very grateful to you.

The monkey replied, O my brother tiger, I understand what you have said. But the human being has dharma. Although I am an animal with no dharma, still my conscience says that it is wrong to put one in danger who is trying to save himself.
Then the tiger thought of another plan. He gave assurance to the man, O my brother, you have dharma, you are a human being. Is it not your dharma that you should give food to one who is very hungry? I am very hungry now, you must give food to a hungry jva. You should push down this monkey, then Ill get food. The man thought, Yes, very good, and he pushed down the monkey, who fell in front of the tiger. But the tiger didnt eat him and the monkey climbed back up the tree. The tiger had developed greed to drink human blood, so he didnt eat the monkey. No one eats the flesh of a monkey.
Then the tiger said, O my brother monkey, you see, we are friends! I didnt harm you. I spared you because we are friends. But see what that irreligious man did. He pushed you down right in front of me. So now you should push him down so that I can satisfy my hunger, and thereby he will get a good lesson. The monkey said, This man may be adharmic. Although I am only an animal, I am not adharmic. I cannot do this.
It is considered that the human birth is a rarely achieved, superior birth. But they have a history of irreligiousness which is not even found in the society of animals.

Bhagavan Ramachandra told this story, and said, This is my mission. I have come to establish ideal behavior in human society. Therefore he is known as maryd-purusottama, the topmost example of and enjoyer of Vedic propriety. He never transgressed veda-maryd, Vedic regulation and etiquette. Lord Ramachandra was the ideal king, father, son, friend, brother, and husband. He was ideal in every respect.

Lord Ramachandra said, If someone comes to take shelter of me, I never think of his past history. I immediately give him shelter. Vibhishan has taken shelter of me. I have given him shelter and he is our friend. No one should have any doubt about him. He has been made the commander-in- chief. This is the nature of Lord Ramachandra.

From a class on Srmad Bhgavatam. Bhubaneswar. 6 February

praveen taneja

Today is March 24, 2010 is Ramnavami - the birthday of Lord - the ninth day during the Shukla Paksha of of the Chaitra month.

Rama means ‘Sarveshu Ramante Iti Ramah’ – that which revels in everyone of us, the pure light of consciousness, the Atman, the Self, the Atma–Rama. This spiritual essence in us can come out only as a son of Dasaratha, one who has conquered all the ten indriyas – five Gnanedriyas and the five Karmendriyas. (Swami Chinmayananda)

..be it man, woman or ‘one lacking the characteristics of both’ or for the matter of that, any living being whatsoever, of the animate or the inanimate world, he who adores Me with all his being, giving up all guile is supremely dear to Me.. (Uttarkanda, Doha 87, Lord Rama says)

Rama functioned in the world outside with a perfectly controlled mind; the result had to be a ‘Rama Rajya’, as he created beauty around him. (Swami Chinmayananda)

A peculiarity noticed in the personality of Lord Rama is that he is seen to be carrying his bows and arrows at all times. The wielding of the bow and arrows symbolizes his preparedness and strength to maintain peace and justice both within and outside. Disturbances may arise within one’s bosom or reach him from the external world. Rama is ever prepared to face such challenges with strength. He is ideal of aggressive goodness as opposed to weak and passive goodness. He would not passively accept anything that is inconsistent with or contrary to morality and righteousness. He stands for righteousness and opposes and destroys all that is unrighteousness. (Sri A. Parthasarathy)

trader21

PT, someone was telling me that there are various good mantras of form "ram ramay namah", can you tell some pls

praveen taneja

Rama Mantra
Neelambhuj shyamalkomlang Sita Samaropitvambhagam
Pano Mahasaikacharoochap am
Namame Ramam Raghuvanshnatham

Rama Gayatri Mantra
Om Daserathaya Vidhmahe
Sita Vallabhaya Dheemahe
Thanno Rama Prachodayath.

Ram Navami celebrated in order to commemorate the birth of Lord Rama.

As Rama was considered the seventh incarnation of Lord Maha Vishnu,
the festival is held in high regard by Hindus all over the world.

On this day, the devotees of Ram all over the world observe fast and engage
in the worship of Ram.
It is said that Ram Navami is the oldest festival in the Earth from time immemorial, Ram Navami is the festival of masses.

Apart from God or avtar (incarnation) of God, Lord Ram is regarded as
an ideal king,
ideal son,
ideal husband
and
an ideal brother.

It is said that Ram naam (the name of Lord Rama)
in itself is a divine mantra and simply chanting this Ram (Ra ma) helps
one to attain salvation.

The Mantra Ra ma is called the Thaaraka mantra.
It is a combination of 'Namasivaya mantra' and the
'Om Namo Narayanaya maha mantra'
thereby representing the union of Shiva and Narayana.
Another popular mantra of Rama is
"Shri Ram, Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram".

If you protect Dharma, Dharma will in turn protect you.
Jai Shri Ram