Happy Independence Day

Greetings all the distinguish members of this forum.

Today is 15th August, Our Independence Day.but i see no thread celebrating our 60th year of independence.

Why do we indians eagearly wish friendship day, valentine day, rose day, etc before a week itself and feel proud that we have done a very great job.But why do things change when it comes to our nation's Independence day.

Do we have the same eagerness? The answer is "NO". So come lets change our view towards our nation and stop giving priority to the western culture.Let be INDIANs first.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Regards
Mohammed Bin Haid

aad

Haid,

Rightly, hit on the head...! :D

I wish all out there in Inda, A Happy Indepedence Day ,On behalf of all Indians working and staying in Saudi Arabai.

You'll realise the value of freedom, only when you loose it.

Satya
Wishing all Indians a happy Independence Day.

Vijayi vishwa tiranga pyara, zanda uncha rahe hamara !!!

A few facts about India which will make us feel proud about ourselves. Curious souls, visit http://ibef.org/

Quick Facts

India has been ranked as the top destination for retailers in A T Kearney's Global Retail Development Index (GRDI)
India's foreign exchange reserves stand at US$ 160.677 billion
India has become the second-most attractive destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) among manufacturing investors, as per A T Kearney's latest FDI Confidence Index rankings
Insurance is a US$10 billion (premiums) industry in India
India has the fifth largest electricity generation capacity in the world
India is the fifth largest telecom services market in the world; US$ 17.8 billion revenues in FY 2005
India has an extensive road network of 3.3 million km the second largest in the world
Roads carry about 70 per cent of the freight and 85 per cent of the passenger traffic
Indian ports handled cargo of 510 million tonnes in 2004-05, 10.8 per cent increase over 2003-04
India has 125 airports; of these 11 are designated international airports
In 2004-05, Indian airports handled 60 million passengers and 1.3 million tonnes of cargo
Passenger traffic grew at over 22 per cent in 2004-05 over 2003-04; Cargo grew at 21.6 per cent over the previous year
Petroleum & Natural Gas constitutes over 16 per cent of GDP and includes transportation, refining and marketing of petroleum products and gas
India has a crude oil refining capacity of about 127 MMT
Real Estate and Construction is a US$12 billion (by revenue) industry in India
India is one of the ten largest retail markets in the world
Travel and Tourism is a US$ 32 billion industry in India, 5.3 per cent of GDP
3.5 million international tourist arrivals in India in 2005
India is among the top 10 global suppliers of aluminium and steel in the world
About 35 million tonnes of steel is produced in India
India is also the largest producer of sponge iron in the world
Textiles is a US$ 36 billion industry in India; it constitutes about 5 per cent of the GDP
India is amongst the largest producers of cotton (medium staple) 16.75 million bales p.a., yarn - 4,170 million kgs. p.a.; about 25 per cent share of world trade in cotton yarn and fabrics - 4,283 million sq.mts. p.a.
Large market for Gems & Jewellery with domestic sales of over US$ 10 billion. It constitutes 4 per cent of the global Gems and Jewellery market
Exports of over US$ 15.5 billion; over 18 per cent of Indias exports
India is the largest consumer of gold jewellery in the world
Accounts for about 20 per cent of world consumption
India is the largest diamond cutting and polishing centre in the world
India has a huge output of agricultural produce, with the 2nd largest arable land area in the world
The largest producer of milk, pulses, sugarcane and tea in the world
The 2nd largest producer of wheat, rice, fruits and vegetables in the world
The Indian Pharmaceutical industry is about US$ 8.8 billion (2004 revenues)
Healthcare delivery is one of the largest service-sector industries in India
India is the leading destination for providing IT and IT Enabled Services (ITeS), with revenues of US$ 28.2 billion in 2004-05. IT Services and Software constituted 59 per cent, IT Hardware about 21 per cent and ITeS about 20 per cent
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) have been ranked the third best technology universities in the world for 2005, according to the prestigious Times Higher Education Supplement (THES)

Friends,

On this Independence Day and the days ahead:

May India awaken fully and all its people, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, or class, get an equal opportunity to prosper.

May our leaders work quietly for the concrete and measurable progress of this country and not shoot off their mouths at every opportunity about subjects that they know little about.

May our Government stop trying to run businesses and get down to the business of governing. And may it steadily grow smaller and manageable.

May our Judges ensure the delivery of speedy justice and not a mockery of it.

May parents of children have the foresight to send them to schools rather than to work.

May they all study and play in schools where teachers are not absent.

May we all realize that we, too, have a role to perform and take our responsibilities seriously.

May we all VOTE so that we get the leaders we deserve.

And finally, may we all learn to tolerate all points of view and not let the extremist elements among us get away with holding our society ransom.

This is my dream and I am sure of all of us.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

aad

Friends,

On this Independence Day and the days ahead:

May India awaken fully and all its people, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, or class, get an equal opportunity to prosper.

May our leaders work quietly for the concrete and measurable progress of this country and not shoot off their mouths at every opportunity about subjects that they know little about.

May our Government stop trying to run businesses and get down to the business of governing. And may it steadily grow smaller and manageable.

May our Judges ensure the delivery of speedy justice and not a mockery of it.

May parents of children have the foresight to send them to schools rather than to work.

May they all study and play in schools where teachers are not absent.

May we all realize that we, too, have a role to perform and take our responsibilities seriously.

May we all VOTE so that we get the leaders we deserve.

And finally, may we all learn to tolerate all points of view and not let the extremist elements among us get away with holding our society ransom.

This is my dream and I am sure of all of us.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
Something to add here from my side kuldeep49,

Lets be brave and courageous to give our share in making this dream successful... generally, we are very agressive when it comes to our rights but not so when it comes to our duties...

Abhay (AAD)

murthymsr

Today, we have entered the 60th year of independence, the age to exhibit maturity, fulfilment and totality.

on this day, i post my greetings to members of this forum and all indians here and elsewhere in the world.

Mera Bharat Mahan.

Greetings all the distinguish members of this forum...........

.....Why do we indians eagearly wish friendship day, valentine day, rose day, etc before a week itself and feel proud that we have done a very great job.But why do things change when it comes to our nation's Independence day.

Do we have the same eagerness? The answer is "NO". So come lets change our view towards our nation and stop giving priority to the western culture.Let be INDIANs first.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Regards
Mohammed Bin Haid
Greetings too you too Mohd Bin Haid & to all my fellow patriotic Indians here.

Regarding Valentine's day etc., etc., that you have lamented about.........Patriotism does'nt mean shunning anything foreign, ideas, ideologies or anything else for that matter...........Patriotism comes from within one's self & not hammered home or inculcated by indoctrination.......the results of such endeavours could be drastic & tragic as all of us have witnessed in the recent few years & still witnessing.

Regarding your question about having the same eagerness & your answering your question yourself for all of us with a NO & suggesting we all reconsider our views & priorities.......don't you think my friend Mohd Bin Haid that one is better of these days speaking for one's own self & not for others or trying to muster support for one's own views?

I'll speak for myself here & say that I am a proud & patriotic Indian who also appreciates cultures & customs elsewhere for what they are but I refuse to profess my patriotism by shouting out from the roof-tops. I also refuse to cajole my fellow-countrymen into becoming patriotic....after all 60 years is long enough time for patriotism to have taken root in an individual worth his or her salt.:cool:

I fully endorse what Abhay (AAD) said, it makes a whole lot more of horse sense than just exchanging greetings on an auspicious & momentous day like our Independence Day.........quote "Lets be brave and courageous to give our share in making this dream successful... generally, we are very agressive when it comes to our rights but not so when it comes to our duties..."...unquote.

JAI HIND

Last edited:
........ stop giving priority to the western culture.Let be INDIANs first.......

Regards

Mohammed Bin Haid
I wonder if you were around to hear Mukesh sing these immensely patriotic words for Raj Kapoor in the film Shree 420 (1955) ............

"Mera jootha hai Japani, pathloon Englistani,
Sar pe lal topi Rusi, phir bhi Dil hai Hindustani

.....bottom line is that all cultures can co-exist very well on this planet.....no question of any priorities any one way or the other.....Patriotism lies deep & well within the clothes one wears and not on one's sleeve.....:cool: