Hakija: A free NSE end of day data downloader

Are you satisfied with Hakija?

• Total voters
Kaydee,
That's how it works at the moment. It's a limitation of how NSE provides data on their website for free download.
Downloading for 6 months is a one time pain(should take around 15minutes). Just set it for download and go watch TV.

But after that one time bulk operation, data would in any way need to downloaded on a daily basis. And that takes just about 3-4 seconds a day.

If you like Hakija, please consider donating. :)
Thanks Sahil. This is what I want to do
But it is not downloading this way (6 months in a go), but one day at a time.
I want indices to download, some old ones, not the bhavcopy.
So it is not working and I have to stop using it.

Hi Sahil

Though your blog http://hakija.posterous.com is no longer available, but I somehow was able to look at it.
But the problem is, I could not be able to lay my hand on the images that you have posted in the two tutorials.

So can you please upload these 2 posts again, with images, here or somewhere else (like 4shared etc).

July 10, 2011 Importing Hakija data into Metastock
July 12, 2011 Importing Hakija data into FCharts SE

Thanks
The issue with images has been fixed and the blog is live at http://hakija-downloader.tumblr.com/

Thanks Sahil. This is what I want to do
But it is not downloading this way (6 months in a go), but one day at a time.
I want indices to download, some old ones, not the bhavcopy.
So it is not working and I have to stop using it.
If you only want to download the indexes, you can tick off the option for Bhavcopy. Like: http://cl.ly/image/3j140Y2u3u1m

As I said, even downloading one day at a time does not take THAT long.
You just have to select the time interval once for 6 months, click the download button and done.

All charting softwares allow to import multiple files at the same time.
So even adding the 150 or so downloaded files to MetaStock wouldn't take more than a minute or two.

If this is not something you can bear with, I am sorry to loose you as a happy user.

adesara

Wonder why no deliverable stocks data is not included in such a nice utility. I use GBC and that s/w has it integrated in the final bhavcopy generated by it.

Hello,

Recently i lost all the data since 2005 which i had downloaded through this software. Request you to please help me with getting this data, also want to share that with the latest software version i am unable to download old data before 2014 and when i try it gives me an error. If it is possible assist me with fixing this issue too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

Hakija downloads daily EOD (End Of Day) data as well as historical data (past EOD data) for NSE EQ series and also the main indices.
(NSE NIFTY, NIFTY JUNIOR, NSE MIDCAP, NSE MIDCAP 50 , VIX, NSE IT, NSE 100, NSE 500)
Source code is also available on the same site.

The indices data is named same as getbhavcopy, so you can try it without worries.
No other software (.NET framework or anything else is required)
No need to install. Just click and run.

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

Hi Sahil, just wanted to inform you that BankNifty has problems downloading. Sometime the download will just hang on banknifty update for random scrips and then the download button becomes available again.

Other than that I can download data for 6 months at a time without errors as long as I untick the banknifty option. I will be using the data in Amibroker