Hakija: A free NSE end of day data downloader

Are you satisfied with Hakija?

• Total voters
yes u can see charts eod(end of day) with Amibroker &Hakija, Plze clear, 1) first of all u need a licensed Amibroker installed so u can save all data in Amibroker database, unlicensed copy of Amibroker canot save data. 2) second download Hakija, and double click on its file, 3) after a new windows open after double click u need to set a date example last one year and click on download, with in few minutes or sec depand on date perioud, Nse data of all listed stock comes at ur computer,4) open amibroker and go to file>importwizzard give the path of ur downloaded data bye hakija set the format , and u can see charts in amibroker, this is first time only next day u need only two click to update all can add my yah00 id nifty46, for any problem or help, with regards nifty46(Dhiraj Sood)

Last edited:
Nifty46,
why are you getting confused?
gsn57iaf posted the query in both the threads.
I chose one randomly and posted the solution in that one.
I started both the threads.
One in the 'data-feeds' and other in 'software'.
Hope it calms you!

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

kaly422000

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback!
Speed and user-friendliness were aims from the very starting, as I use it myself.
Nse futures and BSE data are planned, but can't promise a date.
I will have to think about MCX.

Hakija is free and will stay like that forever, independent of the number of features I may add in future. Even if I make it paid, a crack will eventually turn up on torrents or sharing sites, so it makes no sense.

If you are willing enough to pay, kindly consider making a donation.
Get in touch with through PM or email if you want to donate, however small the amount may be.
yes then atleast proceed on bse and future. dont worry about crack if it is reasonable price with good value i think no crack need not to be genarated.

Dear BEGINNERS,Step by Step procedure for charts , u need two software 1) AmiBroker, 2) Hakija, Both r separate software, AmiBroker for view charts and HAKIJA for data feed, Amibroker u need registered version, unregistered version canot save data. install Amibroker on ur computer, now make anew database in amibroker by click on :-file>New>database. u get a new pop up windows Database settings, and now u can see in database path c:programfile/amibroker/mynewdata, at the place of mynewdata write a name nsedata, tick on load this database at start up and click on CREATE, U can see a blank white page in AMIBROKER, close AMIBROKER now, Download HAKIJA, Make a folder in any drive (for example we make a folder in D drive and name is hakija)and unzip HAKIJA in that folder . no need to install, After unzip u find two file 1)HAKIJA exe AND README, double click on HAKIJA exe, U get a new popup window name Hakija, set a start date of last three years and end date today (three years for first time only, next day we dont need to change any date)and click on download button. u can see a log message, after complete of all data close HAKIJA , and open AMIBROKER and click on file>import wizard, click on PICK FILE, give the path of HAKIJA folder and u can see a new folder EOD_DATA in ur HAKIJA folder click on that folder, u can see many txt file in that EOD_DATA folder, select all. click on next, in new popup window tick allow negative prices, click next, new popup window tick on add current settings to ascii import, in description write HAKIJA ,Leave File Mask, write again HAKIJA in Format file name and click on finish, u can see charts in front of u in amibroker, if i get any response then i write next with regards nifty46(Dhiraj Sood)

Nifty46,
Thanks for writing down all those instructions.
I am sure it will help many newbies and will help in avoiding those usual beginner's queries.
However, I have also written two blog posts which explain how to import data downloaded using Hakija in MetaStock and FCharts.
These can be accessed at http://hakija.posterous.com/. Direct the newbies to this site!
I will use your instructions to create another post on using AmiBroker. :)

Regards,
Sahil Gupta

Dear Sahil ji, Please go ahead and make next version. I feel lot of small investor wants a scrip wise downloader, at this time we downloading bhavcopy with index but make HAKIJA more advanced now, A selected scrip downloader can give us more power, like this, http://www.traderji.com/development-software-utilities/20353-nseindia-data-downloader.html, this is not downloading scrip wise at this time but u get lot of idea, it download bhavcopy too, please cheq and make a selected scrip wise downloader with respect and regards nifty46(Dhiraj Sood)