Gujarat Pipavav Port ( GPPL ) IPO Coming soon

Hi All..

Seeking some advice on the upcoming Gujarat Pipavav port Ipo, expected in May 2010. Can any financial adviser, guess a expected price band for this issue. Crisil has rated this issue as 4/5. The company is Mainly owned by APM Terminals, largest in the world of shipping. Pls adivise, as i hold there Shares from day of inception and want to know what the Ipo would be priced at. Regards Singh

magnet

i invested in pipavav shipyard....at 58(ipo rate) ...Friend suggested me to be an idiot ... i said thanks as at that time it was 53 rate.....now the same is trading at 86....

U have Crisil ratings in your hand and u still asking us....who have less credibility than CRISIL for advice.....?

bunny

i invested in pipavav shipyard....at 58(ipo rate) ...Friend suggested me to be an idiot ... i said thanks as at that time it was 53 rate.....now the same is trading at 86....

U have Crisil ratings in your hand and u still asking us....who have less credibility than CRISIL for advice.....?
Can you tell me for which time-frame is CRISIL rating applicable? Short term, mid or long?

magnet

Can you tell me for which time-frame is CRISIL rating applicable? Short term, mid or long?
I dont think crisil rates on short term ,long term or mid term

Its about how feasible strong the fundamentals is of the company(in getting bank loans,government support etc)..Also it doesnt means whether the issue price is correct or not at which it being issued....

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news_html_files/news_attachment/2010/CRISIL-Gujarat Pipavav.pdf

I meant by my earlier post was if u have strong feelings it will do good so do invest in it.....All market leaders,technicals adviced rel power and see where it is from past 3 years for those who invested in ipo....

Ill invest if its listed just around the price of pipavav shipthat was 58...but since its of port we need to compare it with mundra i guess..correct me if i am wrong

Also i just checked u(kendubai) already have some shares in hand...i guess physical form than surely ull get better value

Last edited:
Hi magnet.. Thanks for the help.. I went through the articles.. I would consider that they would pitch themselves at the MUNDRA share price level. Pipavav shipyard is a small venture compared to the land bank held by the port i feel. I have my shares in demat form. I just wanted a idea on price band we could expect on this ipo.. would i be correct is saying 300-350 levels... pls search around and see if u could get some figures as i feel u do have good expecrience on the financial advising side. cheers

magnet

Hi magnet.. Thanks for the help.. I went through the articles.. I would consider that they would pitch themselves at the MUNDRA share price level. Pipavav shipyard is a small venture compared to the land bank held by the port i feel. I have my shares in demat form. I just wanted a idea on price band we could expect on this ipo.. would i be correct is saying 300-350 levels... pls search around and see if u could get some figures as i feel u do have good expecrience on the financial advising side. cheers
Sorry but i too feel It have to pitch against mundra now....My bad i compared with pipavav shipyard....Whereas this is related to port

Coming to price....Except a single news about IPO nothing more has come out...Plus market doesnt look +ive if its a high price issue presently...

Ill get back to it after some more digging

magnet

Except 10rs face value i cant find the price for shares..which is obvious to be disclosed 2-4 days before the stock is opening...Ull have to wait for some time