Grieviences with Geojit

I have been with Geojit from 2006 onwards. I had gone through lot of hassle bcos of not having online trading options had to rely on geojit branch in chennai and didn't have a good control to make best decisions due to this constraint. My request to send my communication(holdings etc) to email id were not taken seriously and had to remind them multiple times. Userid/password provided were not working and the branch in chennai didn't provide much assistance and there were to trying to push only their agenda to me. Inspite of doing volume investments, they were reluctant to move me to online requesting for more money for the conversion. I decided to take it up with grievances in geojit and they are not bothered about the customer problems and problem was not addressed(it is going to be a week now).

I want to explore opening a new demat account from a different service provider in my name and transferring and closing the geojit account. What is the procedure? Will there be a cost incurred for the transfer? Please share your experience and suggestion.

columbus

I have been with Geojit from 2006 onwards. I had gone through lot of hassle bcos of not having online trading options had to rely on geojit branch in chennai and didn't have a good control to make best decisions due to this constraint. My request to send my communication(holdings etc) to email id were not taken seriously and had to remind them multiple times. Userid/password provided were not working and the branch in chennai didn't provide much assistance and there were to trying to push only their agenda to me. Inspite of doing volume investments, they were reluctant to move me to online requesting for more money for the conversion. I decided to take it up with grievances in geojit and they are not bothered about the customer problems and problem was not addressed(it is going to be a week now).

I want to explore opening a new demat account from a different service provider in my name and transferring and closing the geojit account. What is the procedure? Will there be a cost incurred for the transfer? Please share your experience and suggestion.
Prompt action will be taken by your broker ,if you lodge complaint with SEBI.

Rish

In which branch you have account in Chennai, Mr.Srinivasan is Branch Head in Chintamani Geojit (Chennai Head Office), talk to him and lodge your complaint, he may try to solve your problem, if not, then you can send a mail to there MD, your issue will be solved, I hope.

VJAY

Open with a/c with other broker...then give instruction slip filled with your holding deatils and new DP id with a/c closing letter(form available with them)then give it to geojit ...your holdings will transfer within 1-3 days...:)