Great Options Strategy for Zerodha and similar only

GuluGulu

Consider the following Long Strangle Strategy:

We buy just OTM call and put, equal amount when NF travels between 50th points and 100th points. We shall offload our previous position every 50th point and take a new position with appropriate just OTM options at that level.

All positions should be closed on intraday basis. No position should be overnight.

50th points mean 5450, 5550, 5650, 5750 etc.
100th points mean 5400, 5500, 5600, 5700 etc.

Take this real example.

NF is now at around 5550, a 50th point.

At this point, we buy just OTM call and put 1 lot each.

May 5600CE is 70.2/-
May 5500PE is 74.1/-

Total debit is roughly 7215/- per lot.

According to OptionOracle, When Nifty will reach north 5600 intraday, Profit will be 195/- or 2.7%
Or when Nifty reach south 5500 intraday, Profit will be 132/- or 1.8%

We now close the trade and open another trade with related just OTM options at that level, i.e 5500 or 5600 level.

Actually, the position will start gaining above 5570 or below 5522. It will only loose if Nifty remains between 5522 and 5570 whole day. In this case, the maximum loss also would be at the 50th point or 5500, and that is around 43/- per lot.

Dont you think, most of the day, even at a very stagnant day, Nifty will not swing at least 30-40 points up or down before closing?

The beauty is, you gain both way when market goes up or goes down.

All senior traders are aware of this strategy. But it is designed to hold the trade till expiry.

My slight modification is, just to do it intraday and take new positions every 50th point as explained above. Dont hold the trade overnight, especially on friday slight time decay would be there next day and more for Friday. Of course, you can hold the trade overnight if you think that next day Nifty will move wildly and offset any time decay loss.

Now, consider the above case your minimum gain is 1.8% per day. If you start with 5 lots or 10 lots, your capital requirement would be 40,000 to 80,000. More according to your need.

Large lots order placed at a time will effectively reduce the brokerage to negligible value from brokers like Zerodha

Now deducting all negatives, such as loss in stagnant days, brokerage etc, miquote in putting order at the terminal etc just think your net gain is 0.5% per day. Just see how much I have reduced.

So, from 25 trading days a month, your net monthly gain is 12.5%, that is 150% per annum.

Again I deduct a whopping 50% for anything critics will say. A net gain of 100% per annum.

Money doubled in a year.

Now consider the power of compounding. Just think, at this rate, your starting capital of just 1 lakh can give 128 lakh in 7 years. And that too with no market risk at all. At the end of each trading day, your money will be with you as you dont hold overnight position.

Seniors please criticize or suggest improvements.

May God Bless all of us,

GuluGulu

sumosanammain

Average 21 trading days in a month :)

Let me put it this way....... calculating on paper and doing it are 2 different things. Though at least you have a strategy..... Hers wishing you the best of luck. May you succeed in this venture.

Vector

You must be joking .:lol:

Have u ever tried this.

If you are buying options @ 70.2 and 74.1 , your breakeven is 144.3.

How can u make a profit with a 50 pt move.

GuluGulu

You must be joking .:lol:

Have u ever tried this.

If you are buying options @ 70.2 and 74.1 , your breakeven is 144.3.

How can u make a profit with a 50 pt move.
I think breakeven of 144.3 should be by expiry. Not intraday basis - you are getting all your money back by day end.

Vector

I think breakeven of 144.3 should be by expiry. Not intraday basis - you are getting all your money back by day end.
What about the corresponding loss on the loosing option ???

You are going to loose as much as u make with only a 50 pt move.:D

Its going to take a lot more to skew the delta and that too fast.

GuluGulu

What about the corresponding loss on the loosing option ???

You are going to loose as much as u make with only a 50 pt move.:D

Its going to take a lot more to skew the delta and that too fast.
Maybe all you are saying is true. I am not expert in this - just a little student and thought about one strategy. This may definitely be wrong.

And that is is the purpose of the thread. To call all master traders to find a successful strategy that will give money.

GG

anuragmunjal

We buy just OTM call and put, equal amount when NF travels between 50th points and 100th points. We shall offload our previous position every 50th point and take a new position with appropriate just OTM options at that level.

All positions should be closed on intraday basis. No position should be overnight.

Take this real example.

May 5600CE is 70.2/-
May 5500PE is 74.1/-

According to OptionOracle, When Nifty will reach north 5600 intraday, Profit will be 195/- or 2.7%

We now close the trade and open another trade with related just OTM options at that level, i.e 5500 or 5600 level.

Actually, the position will start gaining above 5570 or below 5522. It will only loose if Nifty remains between 5522 and 5570 whole day. In this case, the maximum loss also would be at the 50th point or 5500, and that is around 43/- per lot.

Dont you think, most of the day, even at a very stagnant day, Nifty will not swing at least 30-40 points up or down before closing?

All senior traders are aware of this strategy. But it is designed to hold the trade till expiry.

My slight modification is, just to do it intraday and take new positions every 50th point as explained above. Dont hold the trade overnight, especially on friday slight time decay would be there next day and more for Friday. Of course, you can hold the trade overnight if you think that next day Nifty will move wildly and offset any time decay loss.

Now, consider the above case your minimum gain is 1.8% per day. If you start with 5 lots or 10 lots, your capital requirement would be 40,000 to 80,000. More according to your need.

Large lots order placed at a time will effectively reduce the brokerage to negligible value from brokers like Zerodha

Now deducting all negatives, such as loss in stagnant days, brokerage etc, miquote in putting order at the terminal etc just think your net gain is 0.5% per day. Just see how much I have reduced.

So, from 25 trading days a month, your net monthly gain is 12.5%, that is 150% per annum.

Again I deduct a whopping 50% for anything critics will say. A net gain of 100% per annum.

Money doubled in a year.

Now consider the power of compounding. Just think, at this rate, your starting capital of just 1 lakh can give 128 lakh in 7 years. And that too with no market risk at all. At the end of each trading day, your money will be with you as you dont hold overnight position.

May God Bless all of us,

GuluGulu
Dear GuluGulu

I am not a standalone options trader...mayb Aw10 ,Dan or Tnsn wd be able to guide u better..but I have tried trading the opposite way.ie. sell a straddle fr intraday and have found it to be profitable on at least 7/10 occasions especially in the near month options..I suppose while trading options,the speed of the movement is more important than the quantum of the movement..

regards

Daer friend,
My wife is known case of SLE an auto immune desease.
kindly let me know the details of the doctor (e-mail address or Ph)
Manojkumar

Hello,

I am back here after a very long period of time - almost an year or more. I stopped playing the market last year after a huge loss - and moreover, my little daughter was seriously ill last whole year from a rare Autoimmune disease - a blood disorder - called ITP - which allopathy has no cure. This made my world upside down all on a sudden - everything became meaningless at the blip.

Then, by God's Grace, I found a Great Homeopathic Doctor in Mumbai - I took my daughter to him and after a long homeopahic treatment - by God's Grace, she is now cured.

Only SavanGarde can remember me - perhaps he knows the story of my daughter - I told him sometimes.

Anyway, forgive me for taking your time to tell you my personal story. Again, I have started venturing the market - still learing every day.

Now here is the main object of this thread.
===================================

As you all know, ZERODHA has a flat brokerage service of 20/- per order - so we can immediately devise many additional strategy that will otherwise incur losses after you add the traditional brokerage.

For example, if you buy 20 lots of nifty CE or PE and just sell them at 2/- profit - all at once with just two orders, you will still earn some profit after Zerodha deducts brokerage and additional govt. taxes. But this is not true with conventional broker who chages brokerage on a per lot basis. Govt. taxes extra.

Here in TJ Forum, we have many experianced and professional bright traders. I belive, some kind of neutral options strategy can definitely be formed for intraday basis execution, that will surely give some profit.

For example, When Nifty FUT is exactly at a strike point or middle of strike point, say 5550 or 5600, we enter a strategy which will give some sure return if Nifty moves, say 30 points up or down in the same day, say 5630 or 5570 (say, we initiated the trade at Nifty FUT 5600) - 1 lot of strategy give a very miniscul profit - but profit, say Rs. 200/- or so. So, with 10 lots, it will give 2000/- profit. We close the strategy at, say, 30 point profit in any direction - and wait for Nifty to move next midpoint (say 5550 or 5650 etc) to initiate another strategy.

My point is, this 2000/- could have been wiped out with traditional brokerage system - but with Zerodha, we can have some sure profit at the day end - no matter where Nifty moves. If we can initiate at least 1 or 2 trades a day and multiplying this day by day, it will give a very good return.

The above is true for other broker also like Zerodha who may have flat brokerage. I would like to tell that I am not promoting Zerodha - I only have opened an account with them - and seeing their little brokerage - I started thinking if any such strategy could be built.

What do you think? Think seriously for all our benifit and please do not put harsh comment. Please make this thread dedicated to this technicals only.

Warm Regards,
GuluGulu

=========================================

Take this real example.

May 5600CE is 70.2/-
May 5500PE is 74.1/-

Money doubled in a year.

May God Bless all of us,

GuluGulu

msa5678

Hello,

I am back here after a very long period of time - almost an year or more
GuluGulu
Hi GG,

Nice to know that your daughter has
recovered. I too have a little one, and
I know how frustrating it is even if she
gets a scratch. God bless our loved ones and
keep them away from any harm. You know